Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not Tuesday Weld

Date:                                     Tuesday, September 28th, 2010
Word of the Day:                   rigmorole (RIG\muh\rohl);  an elaborate or complicated procedure
Weight:                                 221 pounds
Goal:                                     lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                      89 pounds
Waist Size:                            48 inches
Rowing Duration:                 91 minutes, four seconds

I got back to Cruella, finally, believe it or not, I've missed her. 

There is so much going on that I want to briefly chat about:  first off, there is the extreme weather all over North America.  Along the eastern seaboard there is a plethora of rain, causing some places to go up over eight inches in rain, sure hope it hits here, yes the lake is still low.  I am so sick of the rainy weather,I can't remember when I last experienced such a rainy September here at the cottage on the lake.  Also, in the west of the United States, temperatures have hit an all-time high, the temperature in Los Angeles rose to 113 degrees, it could have got even hotter but thermostates broke and the last temperature recorded was 113, this is the highest temperature set in the United States, pretty hot eh?, I wish I were there, at least for the warm temperatures.

There is now a huge infestation of stink bugs all over North America, they got here from Asia.  I can't spell the correct name of stink bugs but I can tell you that these bugs do not bite, they are awfully smelly, hence the name, the smell is akin to smelly socks, cats seem to enjoy eating stink bugs, if you  have them, and you want to get rid of them, you will need to call an exterminator.  Fortunately, so that everyone on your street, (or your closest neighbour,) doesn't know your business, many exterminators don't have advertising on their mode of transport, thus saving you the embarrassment of people becoming aware of your bug problem.

What else?  After I got finished on Cruella, I watched the movie "Up in the Air," for the eighth time.  I love Anna Kendrick who plays a work colleague of George Clooney, and evidently the Academy of motion pictures and sciences also enjoyed Miss Kendrick's performance, they nominated her last year for the academy award for best actress.  As an aside I should inform you that I also like the name "Anna" because it is a palindrome and I happen to collect palindromes, some people collect stamps, others deal in narcotics, I collect palindromes so there, you've now learned something else about me.

Cover of Up in the Air [Blu-ray]







I got so much accomplished yesterday, alas, I did not speak to the boss of my sister's social worker, I shall try one more time, and then I am going to escalate it to the social worker's bosses boss, if that does not work, I will contact the newspaper, one of you was very kind to supply me with a name, thank you again,  I was really hoping that I wouldn't need to use it, clearly, I should have known better.   Today, I will rectify yesterday's oversight in trusting people to do the job that they're paid to do.

On a completely different subject, I feel very badly about not giving respect yesterday to Saint Francis of Assis (1181) who was born on the 26th of September and no, I'm not Catholic but I do believe in Saints.

The patron saint of animals, Saint Francis was an Italian monk canonized as a saint in 1228.

Saint Francis of Assis preaches to the animals...Image via Wikipedia


  Born into a wealthy family, he was a soldier and prisoner of war before he experienced a conversion in his early twenties.

He sold his property, gave the money to the church and began a life of poverty and devoutness.  He soon attracted followers and became the founder of ther Franciscan order of friars.  Catholics believe that Saint Francis was the first person to exhibit stigmata which are bodily marks, sores or sensations of pain in locations corresponding to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

Brother Leo, who had been with Francis at the time of the stigmata left a clear and simple account of the event.

Speaking of birthdays, today was the day that Confucius was born, positive evidence is sparse and modern scholars base their account largely on Analects, a collection of sayings and conversations and apparently recorded by his disciples.

Distressed by the constant warfare between the Chinese states and by the venality and tyranny of the rulers, Confucius urged a system of morality and Government that would promote peace and stability.   According to Tradition (s), which is also the name of one of my favourite books in all of the world, get it and read it if you haven't, the authors are Janice Rotchstein and Alan Ebert, anyway, according to tradition, Confucius compiled a set of texts called The Five Classics.

Did you know that early in his life Confucius worked as a shepherd, cowherd, clerk and book-keeper and that Confucius presented himself as a transmitter who invented nothing; who among us in this day and age does not follow Confucius' golden rule: "What one does not wish for oneself, one ought not to do to anyone else; what one recognises as desirable for oneself, one ought to be willing to grant to others." (Confucius and Confucianism, Richard Wilhelm) or as I read someplace else "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!"

I love to read quotes that philosophize and enjoy the teachings to that of Confucius, Plato and Socrates so if you will indulge me in providing snippets of their readings, I will try not to dwell too much on them, it can't possibly hurt you, it may enlighten you as it does me.
Topics coming soon:

Sex
Twins
Television

No comments:

Post a Comment