Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dum Da Dum Dum Sunday

Date:                             Sunday, September 19th, 2010
Word of the Day:          wend; to pursue or direct (one's way), to proceed or go
Weight:                          to be recorded later
Goal:                              lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:              we shall see
Waist Size:                     wait until we get back to the island as that is where the measuring tape is located
Rowing Duration:          still on vacation, not much longer Cruella

The engagement party was amazing, Shoshanna's family is lovely and both Zac and I met alot of interesting and new people.  I especially enjoyed chatting with the people that work in the film industry, I'm so envious.

Wally's mother, May,  seemed to outglow practically everyone else there; Shoshanna gave her a run for the money,  but as the bride-to-be, that is certainly allowed, honestly people, I have never seen Shoshanna look happier or prettier, she is so in love with my nephew, Wally.

Actually, most of the women who attended this engagement party were very, very pretty; must be something in the water in North York.  I would say that it appeared only one of the ladies wore a come-get-me-dress, (too bad,) and I'm willing to bet that more than half of the women attendees could have been models, if that is what they wanted to be, they were all so very pretty, I know, I know, I'm going on about them but,  you should have seen them, truly!!!!!

I managed to have a little chat with Shoshanna, I could not hog her as she was one of the two central figures of the party, but I did get a word or two with her,  and enquired whether or not she still was finding some time to read my blog, to my delight, she is!, and Shoshanna has told me that one of the things she likes best about my blog is my honesty which Shoshanna says is pretty rare in a blog, so how about that?

There was so much food and boy were both Zac and I surprised when we learned that the food that we were ravishing down were only the appetizers; we couldn't eat the dinner, it was just way, way too much food.   I always hope and recommend that when there is a surplus of food left over from a party, take it to a soup kitchen or a shelter please, alot of people really can benefit by your doing this, and it doesn`t take that much of your time.  To escape making gluttons of ourselves, Zac and I left the party early, well, it really wasn't too early for Zac and I.

Zac and I tend to get sleepy around seven o'clock pm.  I don't know if it is because we both take medication or if it is because we are both over fifty years of age, whatever the reason, when the clock strikes seven, we like our heads to strike the pillow, sometimes it gets embarrasing,  but we do our best to try and stay up, we just fail alot of the time.

May and Tony said that they were going to come back to our place to sleep, but we never saw them again after we left the party, I guess they just decided that they would like to sleep in their own beds, I understand and appreciate this feeling.

When we got home by 8:45 pm., my sister Judy was already in bed sleeping,  but at least Winter was up to greet us, and to check and see if we brought home any treats for her, I did!

I tried to go to bed to sleep the second I got home,  but of course I failed in this endeavour.  Zac would like to leave very early tomorrow (today) morning so we can get back to the cottage at the lake as soon as possible; I'm in complete agreement about this, I just don't like missing any of my beauty sleep!

Yesterday, I emailed a picture of the cottage on the lake to my brother Biff, whose family I have been trying to get to come up from Florida to visit our beautiful home in the great near North, and finally, yes finally, I think I may have succeeded.

My sister-in-law Louise told me that Biff really liked the picture,  and she and my wonderful nieces and nephew have been on a campaign to get Biff to take them up here when they get vacation next summer, I and Zac would love it as I expect the children and Louise will, the jury is still out on Biff so when I spoke to Louise on the telephone yesterday morning, (Louise is so very smart,) she advised me that I should send Biff similar and more pictures of the cottage on the lake, will do Louise!!!!!

Biff is not the fly in the ointment as some of you may think, Biff just worries that his children may get bored on the island, they might,  and it is a rather long drive to the cottage on the lake from Gainesville, Florida so please don`t harbour any negativity towards Biff!

Did I tell you that I found time on Friday to get my haircut, I look just like Matt Damon, especially if you are visually impaired and have a wild imagination!!! I also can look alot like George Clooney if the lighting is just right!!!!!

I want to give a special salute and a big thank you to my friend Marta, she never misses my blog, has been suggestive towards ideas for the blog, she is a great, great woman and friend,  and is,  and has always encouraged me to continue writing my book, which is entitled ``Just don`t tell my mother``.  If you ever see a book with this title in Chapters, Coles or some other bookstore, please buy it!

I know you will not be surprised, shocked or upset by the brevity of today`s post, but we will be travelling for over four hours, and I do have to get some sleep,  so please come back tomorrow, I`ll try to make it worth your time.

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment