Thursday, September 23, 2010

No EXCUSES Thursday

Date:                                      Thursday, September 23rd, 2010
Word of the Day:                    agog (uh\GOG); full of excitement or interest; in eager desire; eager, keen
Weight:                                   221 pounds
Goal:                                       lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                       89 pounds
Waist Size:                              49 inches
Rowing Duration:                  120 minutes, 3 seconds

Okay, I've called today No EXCUSES Thursday because I'm not going to make any excuses today, for anything,  for anyone!, and NOR SHOULD YOU!!!!!

I was prompted to do this as my sister Judy's social worker called yesterday,  and she always makes excuses for not doing anything for my sister's betterment, not returning Judy's phone calls, missing appointments and for taking Judy, her employer and even you and I, (as taxpayers,) for a ride and damn it I'm very, very angry.

My sister Judy is bipolar and has had many struggles and difficulties because of her illness.   Judy knows to take her medication daily because should she become manic, her life falls apart,  and it gets harder each time to rebuild it.  Currently, I try very hard to help out Judy,  I do what I can by being there as a brother, and I do try to assist her financially, but I worry what may happen to Judy should something happen to me.

Judy currently lives in Cabbagetown in a run-down house that is literally an overpriced dump, and Judy has mice, bugs,  drunks and drug addicts  co-residing in her house.  I don't like going inside the house because it is so depressing, and I don't know how Judy finds the strength to go home each day.  Anyway, four years ago, Judy was appointed a social worker to help her out, named Gail.

Gail misses appointments with Judy regularly, does not have the decency to call when she misses appointments, and as far as I can see, has done nothing to help Judy.  I completed 90% of a housing application for Judy to live in rent-geared-to-income housing, (as Judy has a fixed income, and there is not very much of that either,)  and the remaining 10% required Gail to complete it as her recommendation, well the ministry that she works for,  will expedite the process.  Even with the approval of the ministry, it will take over a year to find suitable housing. 

 The housing application still has not been filed by Gail and she has a 1001 reasons for not submitting it, such as, she forgot it, it will take too long to process, and Gail is personally trying to get the landlord/owner to fix up the house and Judy does like the location after all.  Who cares if the house should be condemned, Gail doesn't live there!

Judy's dentures went missing when she was last in hospital and for over a year, Judy eats food without the benefit of teeth, if you think this is easy, try it.  The ministry wherein Gail works was supposed to be assisting Judy get replacement dentures, but we retain the status quo as Gail has not made any progress in this area.

The only clothes that Judy wears are the clothes that my family has purchased for her and we have also supplied all of Judy's furniture, such as it is.  My family and I have supplied everything to help out Judy, but none of us are in the position to have Judy live with us on a permanent basis, I often encourage Judy to visit me,  and Zac and I never tire of her visits, but Judy likes to have her own place and I don't blame her, Judy rarely complains about her living condition, because she thinks she doesn't deserve any better and my heart breaks for her.  Judy is a human being but gets treated worse than most pets.

The agency helping Judy out said they offered many services that can assist Judy and make her life a little more bearable, and they did visit Judy's home,  concurred that nobody should be forced to live there, left, sent me the application to fill out on Judy's behalf and you know the rest of it.  Do any of you have any new suggestions on what I can do to help out my baby sister, Judy?

I've called: MPs, doctors, hospitals, assistant housing, the church, alot of answering machines at social services, the police, and still I have been unsuccessful at changing anything to improve Judy's living conditions, but I can't, and won't give up, my conscience won't permit it.

Today, I am talking to Gail's superior, yet again, in another effort to try and get Judy some effective assistance.  I have my notes ready, I will count to ten at least ten times before calling at my appointed time with Gail's boss, and I am going to try and insist on getting Judy a different worker, yeah, that would be nice, a worker!!!!, I know you wish Judy and I well.

How about my rowing?

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Twins
Television

No comments:

Post a Comment