Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tantalizing Tuesday

Date:                                   Tuesday, September 21st, 2010
Word of the Day:               imago;  (ih\MAH\go) an idealized concept of a loved one, formed in childhood and retained unaltered in adult life; entomology, an adult insect
Weight:                               221 pounds
Goal:                                   lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                  89 pounds
Waist Size:                         49 inches
Rowing Duration:              119 minutes, 4 seconds

It is the first day of fall, or the last day of summer, I'm not sure which is which, regardless, it is going to be a beautiful,  bright crisp day. again!!!

I don't like it that there is a chill in the  air, especially at two o'clock am., but I do love to see those amazing fall colours, it truly is art heaven up here, an artist's paradise,  I wish I could paint like Zac's sister, May.

Okay, I'm always trying to improve upon things so I've now added the correct pronunciation for the word of the day, hope this helps you incorporate new words into your vocabulary, but please remember, always use plain language when writing.

It rained up here last night, or early this morning, the lake here could really use a few inches added to it, it has become so shallow that I hurt myself getting into the Jack E T at the boathouse.  The Jack E T is a pontoon boat, just in case you don't remember,  and getting on and off of it usually is no problem, but because the lake is so very shallow, well, even getting on and off a pontoon boat is now something of a challenge, for me!

Have all of you seen the movie "Nine?" what did you think of it?  I heard so much about this movie that I was really looking forward to seeing it, and built up alot of expectation, which is always a big mistake, nothing lives up to my expectations, except Andrea McArdle of course.  This past summer Andrea played "Miss Hannigan" in "Annie" which is something of a full circle for her; I bet she was amazing, like always!

Every bone in my body is hurting today, and I have a rather large bruise all over my left arm, really, the bruise runs the full extent of my arm, courtesy of getting hurt getting on the Jack E T and from being over fifty years of age!!!!

I received some feedback on my blog yesterday,  and I appreciate all of it, some of my posts will be longer than others, some days I'm really into the subject and I ramble, other days you may just get a few sentences, that is how blogging goes.

I watched the season premiere of the Steven and Chris talk show yesterday, I was a little disappointed, I thought something really wonderful would occur,  but it was just like every other day on this show,  and maybe that is the best recommendation for watching it, you know what you're getting.

However, I did miss the season premieres of "Dancing with the Stars (DWTS)" and "Hawaii Five-O", I don't care about missing "DWTS," so much, but I did want to see the new "Hawaii Five-O,"  oh well, hopefully it will be on next week, with new shows, you never know from one week to the next.  Yes, I was sleeping!!!!!

Last night for dinner I had about four bites of chicken, one small potato, a handful of carrots and a strawberry yogurt for dessert, maybe my stomach is shrinking, at least Winter was happy as there was more for her!!!!

I haven't yet received the book "Freedom",  but I expect the delivery of it will be soon.  You still have time to get it, I know you want to read it at the same time I do, won't this be fun?  After I finish reading Freedom, there are about three more books on my list, they are:  The Reader, The Unit and White Plague, the last two books were recommended by a dear friend, evidently, The Unit is a difficult read because of some parts, but I'll give it a go, I actually will read anything and I need something to read on that long drive to Gainesville, Florida.  Hopefully, all of the books will get read before Florida and I'll be on to something new, maybe something you recommend, what do you think?

We've arranged the house were going to live in for two months when we go to Gainesville, Florida, it is the same house that we rented last March, its a little expensive,  but we know what we're getting.  It is a large four bedroom house with a great swimming pool and both Zac and I really like the area of the house, I'm actually looking forward to going, but I'm not looking forward to leaving the cottage on the lake, oh, its so very beautiful here.

I am hoping that one, or two,  or even three of our friends may join us down there for a visit, we will be there for the last half of November and will leave in the middle of January next year.  We are hoping to try and find a house that we both like enough to buy while were visiting, prices have come down so much, Zac thinks that prices are going to come down even more,  and Zac is seldom wrong about this sort of thing, I hope this time will not be an exception.

I did manage to watch The Queen last night on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) channel, and I watched it in 3D, how about that?  I've seen the Queen's coronation before but I will watch anything and everything that relates to the Queen, I just love royalty, maybe I've mentioned that before.

My friend Nancy just started reading my blog yesterday, she is starting at the beginning and feels I am a good writer, nice of her to say, I hope she doesn't change her mind.

Excuse me, time to get a cup of coffee, I think I made it on the strong side today, Judy never complains about my coffee, I guess she is just happy that I've made it.  Last night I wrote out and sent a marriage proposal to my dear friend Melinda, she very kindly turned me down, but she did turn me down, its just as well, she is still technically married, c'est la vie, and the world goes round with Francine Evans!!!!

Remember Miss Liza is a guest on the Oprah show today, Liza is Hollywood royalty, and even though her voice is damaged from too much smoking, Liza stills gives it everything when she performs and I never tire from seeing her, but she's no Judy Garland!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I just saw lightning flash and I can hear thunder, the whole cottage sometimes moves when the thunder is close, I hate storms.  Zac's partner at the office was killed when he was struck by lightning at his cottage leaving his poor wife Anne a widow, and at such a young age.  Maybe we're not going to get the predicted beautiful bright sunny day after all.   In any case, because it is now raining, because Nicole Kidman is singing A very unusual thing, and because of the lightning and thunder, I am going to log off my computer to be on the safe side, I believe everyone should use common sense during a storm, why take chances?  That means that's it for my post today, tune in tomorrow.

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

2 comments:

  1. hi is Hannah or Savannah
    I LOVE your blog.it is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll call Sally, of Sally, Jessy and Raphael fame, by her second name, which is Hannah. Hope this pleases at least one very beautiful Goddaughter!

    ReplyDelete