Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a Wednesday

Date:                                 Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010
Word of the Day:              brobdingnagian (brob-ding-NAG-ee-uhn); of extraordinary size, gigantic, enormous
Weight:                              221 pounds
Goal:                                  lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                  89 pounds
Waist Size:                        49 inches
Rowing Duration:              92 minutes, 58 seconds

From day to day, I never know what I'm going to talk about, I wing it basically and sometimes it's not easy.  That is one of the reasons why I have the section "topics coming soon,"  at least there are subjects there that will give me something to talk about (should I need them,) and I will eventually talk about them, after I have researched them,  and have a little more knowledge to what I'm talking about.

I'm in a slump again,  and getting on Cruella is getting harder and harder.  I have adjusted the time that I row, and I'm not sure if that is the problem, but whatever it is, it is so difficult for me to now get on Cruella, once I am there and have been doing it for a couple of minutes, I'm okay, it is getting me there.  I'm sure some of you may be able to relate to this situation, can you?

As far as food consumption goes, yesterday was a bad day for me.  I started off well, which is usual, I had my cream of wheat with oat bran, splenda, flax seeds and skim milk on it, then I went way off base and finished off a bag of cheesies for my lunch.  For dinner, I got back on track by having Zac's famous Spanish Rice,  but I had two large servings of it.  I then had a blueberry yogurt for dessert which wasn't too bad, but I really have to cut out this compulsive eating.

Have you heard the news yet?  Billy Elliot, the musical,  tickets for the Toronto run go on sale Monday, and I hope to be the first person on the telephone to order tickets.  If I was in Toronto, I would go down to the Canon Theatre as the first 100 people in line will get one free ticket and one free tutu.  The box office at the Canon Theatre opens at nine o'clock am. and telephone lines open at ten o'clock am.

I am so looking forward to seeing this show; if I could, I would cross the Atlantic to London, England and see it in the West End where it originated or if I had more time, I would just go down to New York City and see it on Broadway. 

The show has won every major award around including the Tony and the Olivier.  You heard it from me first, you do not want to miss this show and I know our Canadian production will be just as good as any other one out there, so what are you waiting for?, get a ticket to Billy Elliot, the musical!!!!!

The second Steven and Chris show was better than the first.  The guys have changed their format a little, they used to deal with design questions from viewers at the end of their show, this season, the boys are addressing people's problems at the inception of the show, I think I prefer when they did it at the close of the show.  I like it when I get drawn into the show at the beginning, you know, by getting to the first guest or doing that fabulous cooking segment, the way the boys are doing it now is slow moving, and I think they should rethink this segment, I do know a little about this sort of thing!!!

I need to organize my time a little better, I'm finding that handling my email of late is taking more of my time than I would like to devote to this activity, so don't be surprised if there are changes in the wind, change is good and is one of the things that you can most count on.

Some of you may remember that I had to contact Dell (at least I think I told you; I tell you everything,) regarding The Camden Plus.   I believe I had dealings with Dell over a week ago, they were going to send me a replacement computer as the Camden Plus is a little temperamental, it really is.  Sometimes The Camden Plus turns on when I just touch the on/off key and sometimes I really have to hold it in, one thing for sure is its lack of consistency, so back it goes when I get the new one, whenever that is.

Today's word of the day sure is a mouthful, let's see how many of you can use brobdingnagian in a sentence that I would actually use; come on, send in your sentences, participate in life, get involved.

Okay, the time has come to talk a little (very) about Travel, and the very mention of that word makes some people yearn as they've used up all of their vacation time, and money, for this year.  My favourite travel destination is Hawaii,  and I have been fortunate enough to visit the islands five times in my life, each time was a renewed pleasure; you get lei'd the minute you arrive in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

  My favourite vacation was when I took the Concord to London, England, from New York City, and then took the fabulous Queen Elizabeth 2, back to Manhattan.  Zac has been fortunate enough to make this exact trip twice!  Nothing I do will ever match this holiday as you can't take The Concord anymore, and The Queen Elizabeth Two is now resting/residing in Dubai.  One day I would like to travel to Dubai and after it is built, I would like to stay at the Hydropolis, which is an underwater hotel, thank goodness I learned how to swim at an early age!!!!!!!

How do you define Travel?  Travel may be local, regional, national (domestic,) hallucinogenic or international.  Travelling is done for recreational, business, and commuting purposes and we travel for a plethora of reasons:  tourism, health care, because Hazel went there, migration, fleeing war, etc.

The word Travel originates from the Middle English word travailen ("to toil,") which comes from the Old French word travailler ("travail") A person who travels is called a traveler (United States) or a traveller (United Kingdom).

Green Travel refers to any means of transport with low impact on the environment and includes walking and cycling, transit oriented development, green vehicles, carSharing and building or protecting urban transport systems that are fuel-efficient, space-saving, and promote healthy lifestyles.

In 2009, the top ten most visited cities by estimated numbers of international visitors were:

1)   Paris, France
2)   London, England
3)   Bangkok, Thailland
4)   Singapore, Singapore
5)   Kuala Lumpur, Malaysis
6)   Hong Kong, China
7)   New York City, United States
8)   Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9)   Istanbul, Turkey
10) Shanghai, China

I have travelled to three of these cities while Zac has travelled to seven of them.  How many have you travelled to, did you have a favourite?

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Twins
Television

No comments:

Post a Comment