Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday, Weighin, Sunday

Date:                                Sunday, September 12th, 2010
Word of the Day:             rue; to wish something had never been done; taken place, etc.
Weight:                            to be viewed today
Goal:                                lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                to be decided today
Rowing Duration:            75 minutes, 32 seconds (second session, Sept/11/09) 151 minutes, 51 seconds

This day seems to come around faster every week, and I was a bad boy this week.  Zac had purchased some wine gums, as I requested, and I ate them up like they were going out of style.  I even had one small bowl of neapolitan ice-cream, I haven't had ice-cream in about a month and I thought I owed it to myself to give myself this treat.

Unfortunately, I missed my nap that I take every afternoon as I was visitng with Mandy and Ben. Ben,  Mandy and I have a good time together, (Zac left temporarily in the afternoon to attend an affair that he could not get out of,) but in particular,  Ben and I share a history together without  Miss Mandy,  and we are able to recall alot of humour from that past that brings out the best in both of us.  Fortunately, Mandy is not left out,  and she  seems to get plenty of laughs out of Ben and I as well so its nice that she is not left out.  Mandy, just happens to be one of the very prettiest women I have ever met, and this is coupled only by the beauty inside her, she truly is a very loving, kind, person and I bet her students just love having her for a teacher.

Anyway, because I missed my afternoon nap,  I did not get up at one o'clock am., nor did I get up at two am., I did get up at three o'clock am., but didn't start my first rowing session until about three thirty am.  It is going to be difficult to row this morning, not only because I'm late,  but also because I have to do it in quiet, I do not want the music to wake up Ben and Mandy.

I managed to do just under two hours on Cruella so I'm pretty pleased with that,  since I got such a late start, I don't know when I'll get around to doing my second session, because I won't do it in front of our guests, but be assured, I will do it sometime later today.  Because of the late second session, I may not weigh in until tomorrow morning.  I appreciate your patience in waiting for the results!!!!!

After I completed my first rowing session on Cruella, I made the decision not to go back to bed,( like I regularly do,)  so I stayed up,  and did some little chores such as, got the coffee ready, made a fresh batch of Cyrstal light, Raspberry peach flavour,umm not bad, did a load of laundry, put away all of the dishes that were in the dishwasher, fed the baby, that's Winter for those of you not in the know,  and gave Zac and myself our meds.  I, then drank myself two cups of coffee, completely forgetting that today is weigh in day,( I don't like to drink or eat anything on the weigh in day until after I have stepped on that hateful creature,) and prepared my morning cream of wheat, so much for weighing in.

Since it was still rather early, 6:20 am., I decided to finally succumb to watching the movie "Fatal Attraction," which stars Michael Douglas, Glenn Close, and the fabulous Anne Archer.  (I'm a closet Anne Archer fan from way back. ) Yes, I know I'm probably one of the few people left in the world that has never seen this movie, but I don't like psychological thrillers as they really disturb me, I know that is their intent, but I really don't like them,  and already,  I can tell, and we're just a half hour into this dark movie, there is something really wrong with the character of Glenn Close.    There is always something wrong with the characters of Glenn Close, have you seen "Dangerous Liasons?"  Do you think it could actually be her

I don't think Glenn Close is pretty and if I was her, after she saw the dailies while filming "Fatal Attraction," she should have changed  hairdressers.  I can't comprehend why she didn't.  Her hair is an absolute fright in this movie, maybe the producers of that film did that on purpose to go along with her demented character.  Don't even get me started on that ski nose of hers,  why she's never got a nose job is one of the mysteries of the world, at least for me. 

 I also heard a rumour from Hollywood, Rona Barrett to be exact, yes, she's still around,  and yes I'm talking about THAT Rona Barrett, anyway, Rona said that Glenn Close dosen't like to bathe and that frequently her co-stars complain that she smells.  I'm not making that up, and I just betcha that is one of the reasons why she has never ben given an Academy Award, an Oscar can't go to a stinkee, that would be too tacky,  and they've already goofed when they  awarded an Oscar to Marisa Tomei.  Please, "My Cousin Vinny!"

Don't get me started on the travesties of the Academy Awards!  Where do I start?  Well, what about last year's award for Best Actress,  come on, lets be real people,  Sandra Bullock.  She's cute, she's charming and she was okay in "The Blind Side."  but she shouldn't have even been nominated, and I'm not being bitchy, I'm really not, she was competent,  and lets not forget that she picked up about twenty million dollars for making the movie.  I mean it, Sandra Bullock did not deserve that award,  (maybe people knew that her husband Jesse was cheating on her with every scum bag in the universe, and one thing has nothing to do with the other so why give her an Oscar,) and I'm about ready to give up on the Oscars when they start pulling stunts like that.  I did like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin as the hosts, I thought they were really funny, but that has nothing to do with Sandra Bullock.

1954 people, picture it, Hollywood.  There, in the hospital, after just giving birth to her son Joey, is the luminous Judy Garland and in her hospital room,  Judy is surrounded by reporters and photographers.  The list of nominees is read, I think by William Holden, and who gets the Oscar, Grace Kelly for "The Country Girl!"

Rex Reed, whom I've met, called it the biggest robbery since Brinks!!!!  And he was right, now unlike Sandra Bullock, Grace did deserve the nomination, she didn't deserve the prize but they gave it to her anyway.  Then, to top it off, she leaves Hollywood to go and marry Prince Ranier of Monaco, I don't blame her for that, well, even  I could be talked into leaving Toronto to be given a title and a crown, (but if they're going to give me one, make it a real big one!,) I just love jewelry, in particular, diamonds, emeralds and rubies. 

Where was I, oh yeah, other goofs by Academy voters, and I won't dwell on it, now, but can you explain to me why Glenda Jackson, for the charming "A Touch of Class," and I love Glenda Jackson got the oscar over Barbra Streisand for "The Way We Were?"  No, something's wrong in Denmark alright.  And let's see, John Wayne for "True Grit," I'm all for sentiment, but do you know who John Wayne's fellow nominees were that year:   Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight for "Midnight Cowboy," Richard Burton for "Anne of the Thousand Days," and Peter O'Toole for "Goodbye Mr. Chips."  Need I say more about that year?

I have heard the argument that John Wayne deserved to have an oscar.  Yes, but so did Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole and I'm not talking about being given an honorary one.  Poor Roddy McDowall was never even nominated!!!!

I've mentioned Marisa Tomei, how about:  now don't freak out people, Judy Holliday picking up the Academy Award for "Born Yesterday," which is an absolute gem of a movie, as is Miss Holliday, but that year, Judy's fellow nominees were:  Bette Davis and Anne Baxter for "All About Eve,"  Gloria Swanson for "Sunset Blvd.," and Eleanor Parker (remember, she was The Baroness, who I loved in The Sound of Music,") for "Caged!"  Now, do you see why I would make such an excellent and impartial judge on "American Idol," yeah people, I gotta go with me as to who should be the next judge and you should do whatever to get me on that panel!

One more thing people about Academy Award travesties, and I can't talk about it now because it always gets me upset but Oprah Winfrey was so f**kng robbed for "The Color Purple," it makes me swear.  And I will be talking about that again, you can count on it!!!!!!

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment