Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday is for Mirthful Misfits

Date:                                Monday, September 20th, 2010
Word of the Day:             jactation; bragging, boasting; a restless tossing of the body
Weight:                            221 pounds
Goal:                                lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                89 pounds
Waist Size:                       49 inches
Rowing Duration:            107 minutes, 53 seconds

I have finally broken ten pounds, yes folks, I have lost eleven whole pounds (in total,)and it has been a struggle and effort.  I'm told the first ten pounds are the hardest, but I bet they all will be hard to lose,  and in another triumph, I've managed to knock off two more inches from my waist, yes Efrem give yourself a pat on the back!!!!!

It is almost four o'clock am., and I'm trying to work up enough nerve and warmth to go out and get on Cruella,  I hate the cold.

I did it and I think for returning to Cruella after a four-day rest, I did very well,  and I'm proud of myself, it was quite cold outside but I still went and did what I had to do, good for me.!   I need your help loyal readers, I really don't know if wearing myself out twice a day on Cruella is a smart thing, so I'm doing a little survey, how many of you think I should continue doing Cruella twice a day?,  or how many of you think I should try to do a different exercise other than Cruella?, I know how you feel Marta, so you don't need to answer (unless you really want to answer.)   Remember, when I return to Toronto full-time (after Thanksgiving,) I intend to resurrect my swimming.   I know I won't be able to swim too long, or too far, at first, but I have hopes of getting back to swimming two miles a day.

Check out that word of the day, how about that?,  its pronounced exactly how it spells, ensure that you use it in your daily voice so that you remember its meaning.

We're finally back here at the cottage on the lake and all of us could not be happier, it has been way too long.

For those of you who like this and that sort of thing, this is the sort of thing for you:  Bill Gates is a guest on Oprah today, you should watch this show as Mr. Gates really knows his stuff and you might learn a thing or three.

On Oprah's show tomorrow, the living legend herself, Miss Liza Minnelli is a guest,  so set up your vcr and dvd recorders in advance, better yet take the day off, you don't want to miss Judy Garland's oldest daughter, do you?  I'm sure you can all remember that not only have I seen Liza a few dozen times, but I was introduced to her by my friend, Roger Minami.

I was also wondering if you've purchased Oprah's recent book selection, Freedom, by Jonathan Franzen, what are you waiting for?, come on, pick it up and we'll all read it together!!!! Whose with me?????????

Christmas is only 95 days away so get out there and do some shopping before prices go up, don't kvetch at me, I told you about this holiday last August!!!!!!!

I plan on having my best Christmas ever this year,  and I can't wait.  I've already done some of my shopping, thank goodness I'm more mobile than I have been in five years,  and there are plenty of bargains still to be had, you don't have to go into debt. 

Check magazines, flyers, newspapers and the Internet to stay abreast of all sales going on, Ashley's have their annual fall sale coming up and you can buy beautiful china for half of the normal cost.  Talk to your friends, especially your women friends, and ask them if they know of any sales!

Santa Efrem is here to help you with Christmas gift-giving and your shopping, please start now and don't let it overwhelm you, so where should you start?:

Make a list of everyone that you want to give a gift, everyone, family, friends, and co-workers ,and do this list way in advance,  then separate that list into three categories:  1) those that get the best gifts (ie. ME,) 2) those that get the okay gifts, (him,) 3) those that get the small token gesture gifts (usually co-workers.)

Don't wait until Black Friday or other doorbuster sales.  Contrary to popular belief, you'll most likely end up spending more money on Christmas gifts if you choose to wait for the big holiday sales.    Got that, please, please make a note of that because that two hundred (200) dollar coffee-maker may now only be sixty dollars,  but the sixty could potentially buy you several gifts for several people, KEEP IN MIND THE BIG PICTURE!

Look where you would least expect to buy gifts, one of the best places to buy gifts is the discount store, you know the dollar store, the 99 center.  They have a wide array of items that you can purchase, usually for 90% less  money.  They may be cheap gifts but items, for example, such as,  champagne flutes can be purchased for a dollar a piece.  You could buy six champagne flutes, a gift box, and some tissue paper for less than ten dollars at the store.  You don't have to tell the person where you made the purchase and it is the thought that counts!   By the way, I love to have a glass of champagne, and crystal is still crystal.

Sentimental gifts make the best gifts, so go ahead go to your local drug store and purchase some photo albums, you can get some really nice inexpensive ones, then customise that photo album to each person and they'll appreciate and love that gift alot, because they know you will have taken time to not only think of them but you made it so special by involving them.

Make up those personal gift cards, not the ones you buy at the store, but the ones you personalise by telling them:  the bearer of this card is entitled to one free breakfast in bed, the bearer of this card will not have to do laundry for an entire week because I'm going to do it, the bearer of this card does not have to walk the dog because I'm going to take her/him for a half hour walk every day, the bearer of this card does not have to cut grass for an entire month because I hired someone to do it (he,he) you all get the idea!!!!!  I love giving this gift card because it is free and it shows imagination and your love!!!!

E-BAY, E-BAY, E-BAY, there are so many cheap gifts available for you to purchase and I'm talking brand names, and on some practically new items!!!,  stick to your guns people and know your budget, do not get caught up in the excitement and drama of outbidding someone by spending more money than you can afford, remember, you are supposed to be saving money by doing this activity.

Do you have a special talent?, and the time?, well what are you waiting for, knit that scarf, write that short story, novel or poem, go visit that old relative of yours in the nursing home, cook that special meal from your secret recipe, make shortbread cookies, candy and other delectable treats, compose that special song, paint that painting, sing that song, play that difficult piece on the piano because you've been practicing, all of these personal gifts are welcomed by everyone,  and I wish all of my gifts that I receive are of this ilk (well, maybe not all of them,) because they are  so very personal,  and they tell the bearer that you not only love them,  but you took real time, which is the best gift you can give anyone, to make, compose, cook, their Christmas gift to you. 

Another item that is contrary to popular belief is giving gift cards from stores, NEVER DO THIS EXCEPT IN AN EMERGENCY, it lacks imagination and especially don't do it if you don't have too much money to spend, have you ever received a five dollar gift card?, it would be alot nicer if you took the time to find something, no matter how small for the recipient.

SANTA EFREM IS NOW GOING TO TELL YOU OTHER WAYS TO SAVE MONEY, AND NOT JUST AT CHRISTMAS:

Before you buy anything new, ask yourself if you really need it
Pay credit cards charges when they become due so interest isn't added to it
Reuse foil wrap after washing
Swap services with neighbours and friends who can do things you can't
Think in terms of doing something for yourself rather than hiring someone to do it for you,  like home repairs, painting, garden work, etc.
Use reusable plates, cups, utensils, glasses, napkins for parties instead of plastic disposables
Crumpled up used aluminum foil is ideal for scouring pots and pans
Paper towels are expensive, use washable towel cloths instead
Wash and reuse transparent plastic wrap
Attend movies early when prices are frequently lower
Organize a baby-sitting club with friends and neighbours, take turns
Learn about the many bargains at "no frills" discount stores
Dilute your shampoo with small amount of water, for easier rinsing
Consider cutting your family's hair yourself, it will grow back
Give yourself a home permanent instead of paying top money at a salon
Save empty plastic food containers for storing leftovers and freezer use
Save "junk mail" reply envelopes for filing recipes, receipts, etc.
Restrict family between-meal snacking to inexpensive food items 
When buying big-ticket items, learn all about them from consumer magazines and the Internet
Start your children earning money at an early age
Be wary of banking gimmicks, get the best deal in town
Check all monthly bills closely, including your bank balance.  Big companies can and do make mistakes
Garage sales and flea markets are excellent for buying and selling; make sure you don't sell your hubby's favourite golf clubs
Examine your cheque at restaurants and other clubs to make sure no mistake has been made

Please, above all, look at all of your bills closely, remember, just recently a customer noticed that a cash advance had been put on their bill when they hadn't received any cash, the sales person was eventually charged and sent to jail for theft, this happens as people know other people don't always look at their bills, I used to be very guilty of this, not anymore!!!

Excuse me for a moment, I have to go and make coffee for Judy, she has been up for quite awhile and is about to go crazy from caffeine withdrawl, also, I'm going to give Zac and myself our meds, feed Winter, so I may be gone just a little longer than a moment, but, I'll be back.

Zac and I have had our meds, Winter's fed and has gone back to sleep, the coffee is made and yet the aroma of it still has not brought down Judy, I wonder if she's gone back to bed.  Hmmm., I guess I'll enjoy that first cup of coffee by myself.

Whilst drinking my first cup of delicious coffee, I am also reading my email, thank you again,  but I wish some of you readers would register on google so that it would record all of my blog followers, that means YOU!

Its time for me to now relax, I hope I have made a difference in your life and in your thinking, even just a little, because if I can make a difference, so can you!!!

Have a great day, remember, 95 days people!

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment