Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Theatre

Date:                                  Thursday, September 9th, 2010
Word of the Day:               gerrymander; the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to                                        give one political party a majority in many districts while concentraing the voting                                 strength of the other party into as few districts as possible
Weight:                              224 pounds
Goal:                                  lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                  92 pounds to lose
Waist Size:                        51 inches
Rowing Duration:              sick (again/still)

I can't believe it, I have an upset stomach again/still.  Zac and I went to dinner at his cousin Bobbie's last night and I ate voraciously, Bobbie really is a good chef, but as soon as I got home, I felt nauseous.  I probably just ate too much, I don't know, Gravol didn't seem to help at all, and all through the night to this morning, I lay in agony and just waiting to vomit.  The vomit did not happen,  but I still was unable to row; I hate missing my exercise as it really throws off my day, everything goes wrong!
As some of you may know, I am a long-time watcher of the daytime drama, "All My Children"  (AMC).  I have been watching this soap since its inception.   I was living with my sister Lana when it first premiered on January 5th, 1970, and since she watched it, I watched it, and to my surprise I quite enjoyed it.  In those days, I remember seeing "AMC," in glorious black and white, not because Lana didn't have a colour television, she did, but that was how the soap went out in those days.  It was not long before the episodes were in colour, but, yes, I can remember seeing Philip and Tara in the original black and white.

I love "All My Children," and some of the residents from good ole Pine Valley.  Naturally, Erica Cane, is my favourite and when Susan Lucci finally won the daytime Emmy for Best Actress, I stood up and cheered like everyone else.  When she was alive, I adored Phoebe English Tyler Wallingford.  I, once, met Ruth Warrick, who portrayed Phoebe,  when she was doing one of those mall appearances, and I gave her a single red rose to which she was quite delighted.  I bought Ruth Warrick's book which was an autobiography called "The confessions of Phoebe Tyler" and Ms. Warrick signed it for me,  I wonder where I've put that book.

I do have some complaints re: characters on "AMC,"  I know the producers cannot help it when actors/actresses want to leave the show to pursue other projects, I just don't understand why the writers have to kill off some of these very popular characters.  Some of the characters that have been killed off and/or died on All My Children that I hold in high regard (I actually loved them)  are:  Mary Kennicott Martin, Jenny Gardner Nelson, Cindy Parker Chandler, and Gillian Androssy Lavery.  When both Mary K. and Jenny were  killed, (two different years, two different deaths, two different actresses,) which was a complete surprise and shock to me, I was depressed for weeks regarding the deaths of these beloved characters.  My Cindy had Aids so I knew it was an eventuality that she would die, and when Cindy died, I died!  The writers, actors, and directors should all be commended with how they dealt with the death of Cindy Chandler.  The episode that Cindy died in was beautifully written and was so very poignant that I will never forget it.  I had taped that show but unfortunately cannot find that video cassette.  I am thinking of writing to the producers of "All My Children," to see if one can purchase dvds of past episodes.  Somebody should really think about selling dvds of past episodes, (and not just that  soap opera weddings dvd,)  because on my score alone, someone would make a small fortune.  Gillian's death was a huge mistake on the writing staff, I know the actress wanted to return to live in South Africa, but like I said, they did not need to kill off the character.  There are other people that I love who have since left All My Children, such as Brooke English, Skye Chandler, and Adam Chandler,  and I desperately hope that one day all three of them return to Pine Valley. 

One person who will not be returning to Pine Valley is David Hayward, who was killed  off Tuesday of this week.  I certainly didn't see this one coming as David is the one you love to hate, and as far as evildoers go, David Hayward could rival the Devil.  The actor who portrayed David Hayward, Mr. Vincent Irizarry who just happened to win a daytime Emmy award in 2009 for his portrayl of David, will be sorely missed, and I personally can't wait to see what this actor does for an encore.  All My Children and I are really going to miss David Hayward, and I have a feeling that the producers of AMC may have some difficulty in replacing an actor of Vincent Irizarry's calibre.  I wish Vincent Irizarry well in spite of David Hayward's machinations.  I wonder what Carol Burnett thinks of the death of David Hayward.  (Like me, Miss Burnett is a long-time devotee of All My Children.

I really didn`t mean to talk about "All My Children" so long, I guess I`m more passionate about it than I realize.  I suspect I'm not alone in watching daytime drama, do any of you watch AMC or The Y and the R?

I know my sister-in-law Louise, who just happens to be a dead ringer for Reece Witherspoon, will not miss an episode of "General Hospital," and when she is home, everyone in her house has to give her quiet so she can watch what's going on in Port Charles.

Shall I give you a weather forecast for up here at the lake?  Same as the last six days, windy, cold and grey, very, very dismal!  However, being an eternal optimist, obviously, the weather is lousy so I can concentrate on my blog, God knows what he is doing. 

 I know some people who refer to God as a she.  I get this but it simply goes against everything that I've been taught, read, and believe.  Yes, I know the feminists out there will disagree, and that is their perogative, but you salt your beets and I'll salt mine.

I got a little sidetracked, the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) channel was viewing some Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland films this morning, I love watching these movies as they are full of music, comedy, entertainment, simpler times and optimisim!  If you have never seen any Andy Hardy movies, with Betsy Booth or the film "Strike up the Band," you are sorely missing classic entertainment at its best.

I've already had my two cups of coffee, as well as eating my cream of wheat, with oat bran, Splenda and one cup of skim milk, I hope I don't overindulge myself two days in a row just because I missed being on Cruella.

I'm also cutting this post short today, I'm feeling rather blah, I know you understand as you've probably felt this feeling at one time in your life.

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment