Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday

Date:                              Saturday, September 18th, 2010
Word of the Day:            burlesque; involving ludicrous or mocking treatment of a solemn subject
Weight:                           224 pounds
Goal:                              lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:               92 pounds
Waist Size:                      51 inches
Rowing Duration:           on vacation for four days

I know alot of you people are happy that the weekend is finally here,  and I'm sure there is much that we all have to do, Saturday's are those kind of days.

My sister, Judy, came over for a visit yesterday,  and has very kindly offered to take care of Winter when later this afternoon Zac and I go to an engagement party for Zac's nephew, Wally,  and his fiance, Shoshanna.

I purchased the book "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen,  this is an Oprah selection from her book club and is the first book selected in this, her final season, I'm really looking forward to reading it.

I am trying to get back to reading books, currently most of my reading gets done off of this computer, I read the newspaper, blogs, email (of course,) but not too many books, I am changing, and the book I am reading now is Patti Lupone's memoir which is quite funny.

I'm not surprised that Patti's memoir is funny, she is.  I've seen Miss Lupone in concert and have listened to some of Patti's albums, and she can be hysterically funny, didn't know that did you?, you just thought she is an amazing singer and actress, she is, after all Patti Lupone did go to Julliard.

I am rather ashamed at how messy I've let the bedroom get at my home in Toronto, its disgusting.  I have dvds all over the place, there is garbage and Winter's hair all over the floor,  there is hardly any room to do any walking around, today is the day that all of that changes.

Zac's sister, May and her husband Tony are coming by here before heading off to Wally and Shoshanna's for the celebration party.  I think they want to drop off something, I forget exactly why May said she wants to drop by, that happens more and more when you're over fifty years of age, how old are you?

Okay, just for my readers, I'm going to share with you a big secret of mine, this always works and you're going to love it, especially the ladies, whenever I get asked how old I am, I always counter by asking the question, "How much do you weigh?" it shuts people right up and believe me, they will never again ask you how old you are, you're welcome people!

I, myself, used to ask very personal questions of people, and I work very hard at trying not to do this anymore.   I try very hard to respect people's privacy, and sometimes it gets difficult when you meet someone new, say at a party, and you are trying to make conversation.  I find that it gets awfully difficult not asking any questions because there are so many that you are not supposed to ask anymore, such as, what do you do for a living?, you are not supposed to assume that the person is fortunate enough to be working at a paying job, boy did I get in trouble for once asking that question, jeez Louise!!!

 Besides reading Patti's memoir, I also keep at close hand, Miss Manner's etiquette book and I find this very helpful, amusing and very interesting, I have learned so many new comebacks to questions that have always made me uncomfortable when asked, I'm so grateful Miss Manners.   I wonder if Miss Manners would like to know my answer to the age question?, hmmm.

I am getting frustrated not rowing on Cruella, I am really affected at missing my daily exercise this weekend, but I do have more vindication that my efforts on Cruella are paying off; yesterday afternoon when I took Winter for her afternoon walk, this is about two and a half miles long, usually I have to stop and catch my breadth, sit down and rest,  as my back is sore as well as being breathless, this is probably due to my pronounced gut.  Anyway, yesterday pm., I did the walk without stopping, except to pick up Winter's little gift of course,I wasn't out of breath and my back wasn't the least sore,  how about that for validation????

Tomorrow is the big weigh in day and I'm not looking forward to it, again.  The scale here is different from the cottage on the lake, and I believe this scale adds weight, we shall see.

Of late I have been watching another show courtesy of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) , this is "Best Recipes Ever," and I love this half-hour cooking show,  I learn so much, I never cook but I do learn.

Thank you again for sending me all of those pictures, jokes, seminars for better living, etc., I appreciate it all and try to forward it out back to you.

Today I'm going to share with you what it is like not going to work, I am still off on disability but I would love to return to the workplace, unfortunately, this still is not yet possible for me.  My walking just isn't that great, but I'm working on it, as you all know.

I don't know if it is just the social contact that I miss, I loved all of the people with whom I worked,  and I had many dealings with many people.   I like to think that I did make something of an impact with these people,  I do know when I taught courses at my workplace, my classroom was always full and the evaluations I received back were always positive, encouraging and complimentary.  I think one of my strengths was teaching and if I had to do it all over again, I think I would choose a different route, wouldn't we all?

I liked work because I felt I was making a difference to someone's life and I loved helping people, I really miss doing that with people and I try to help out those people in my life but its just not the same thing.

I guess the ultimate for me would be if I was allowed to work from home, it would be for eveyone I suppose, but in my case it is a necessity to returning to the workforce, and at this time my job involves "hands on involvement" so for me, going back to work is still out of the question.

I always hated commuting to work and when I lived in Oakville, I had to spend almost two hours each way just getting back and forth to work, I hated it,  and after I moved back to Toronto, I swore I would never commute again.  I do not miss the GO Train and it has become so expensive, but then so has everything else.

I would often sleep on the GO Train, like millions of others, but I had to stop after I had been told that I would frequently talk and SWEAR in my sleep, apparently I really offended this young nun one day, but that truly is another story for another day.

Often I would read but on those days that I chose to read, I always seemed to sit beside a "talker," I can't complain too much about this because I too have been a "talker" so, no, can't criticise the "talker."

I am also embarrassed to go on any form of public transit because of my weight, people do not like sitting beside a fat person and unfortunately, I'm still rather heavy.  Being heavy, I have learned that there is alot of prejudice out there towards people who have a little food problem that shows, and it is unfair.  Not everyone is overweight because of gluttony, please try to remember that people and work on improving yourself, believe me I know that I'm overweight, you really don't need to tell me.

Well its the weekend and we all have stuff to do, I've got some cleaning that needs immediate attention, so like most of my Saturday posts, I'm cutting this one short.

Have fun people and get outside, don't be a hermit.

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment