Friday, September 3, 2010

Celebration Thursday continued

Date:                     Thursday August 12, 2010
Word of the Day:  cheechako; a tenderfoot; greenhorn; newcomer
Weigfht:                 232 pounds
Goal:                      lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Rowing Duration:    33 minutes, forty seconds

Cast of Character (so far)

Efrem,       Creator, writer, narrator of thisthatandhim
Zac,           a doctor, with whom I live
Winter,      our dog
Louise,       our sister-in-law
Alice,         a friend
Giovanni,    a friend
Judy,          my sister
Shoshanna, friend, future niece-in-law
Cherry,       a close friend
Mabel,       a friend, and cottager
Mikey,       a new friend
Cruella,      the rowing machine

Well, obviously I posted my blog in error;  I hate doing that as I need to note my daily indicators all over again.  I never even got to check for errors, I will now though.

See what I mean, the presentation of the blog is all over the place, I need to align it properly and make it nice to look at, don't you think?

It is obvious that I have the exercise under control, now, I need to concentrate on my eating.   I have to try and remember that every bite I put into my mouth,  is more time I will have to spend on Cruella, which is what I have named the rowing machine, I love it!!!

Last night after watching all of the regular television shows, Zac, Winter and I watched the movie 'National Velvet."  I wonder if Elizabeth Taylor realized how good she really was in that film, I am a big Liz Taylor fan!!!!

With regard to Elizabeth Taylor, many years ago, she was in Toronto making a movie with Carol Burnett, called 'Between Friends' at least I think that was what it was called.  Anyway, one day, they were filming a scene in Yorkville,  which just happened to be near my place of work,  so a friend of mine and I went over to see if we could see anything.  And we did, La Liz!!!  Miss Taylor had just finished filming a scene and was making a dash to her limousine when my friend yelled out, and I mean loudly, "Hey Liz!!!!"  Liz looked quite startled, shocked,  and when the Academy Award winning actress looked our way, as that was the direction of the yell,  I blew her a kiss.  Taking my cue, Miss Taylor started blowing kisses to the crowd of people,  who erupted into applause!  The next day there was a picture of Elizabeth Taylor blowing kisses right on the front page of the newspaper, Your Welcome People!!!!!!

Today, I restarted taking a daily dose of baby Aspirin.  I am over fifty years old,  and I need to have safeguards in place for my high cholesterol and blood pressure.  My general practitioner recommended I take an aspirin on a daily basis long ago, but when I started bruising all over my legs and feet, my doctor told me to stop taking the aspirin until the bruising went away, which obviously,  it has.  I am hoping that if I keep up the exercise, my blood pressure will improve so that I can stop taking Avapro,  and if my eating improves,  maybe my cholesterol will get better,  and I can stop taking the Lipitor.  You should never stop or start medication unless your doctor recommends it, but it is surprising, how many people actually do do their own presribing!!!!!!

Another gorgeous sunrise, spectacular purple, orange, pink in its hue,  and this time, Judy, is sharing it with me.  Judy is so quiet that you sometimes forget that she is there.  It is only when she lights up a cigarette, outside of course,  and you smell the smoke that you know,  aha,  Judy has come to visit!!!! 

Yes, I've bitched to no end that Judy quit smoking, but it is she who has to make that decision and only when she is ready, will she be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment