Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday's are the best

Date:                                Saturday, September 11, 2010
Word of the Day:             soupcon; a slight trace as of a particular taste or flavour
Weight:                            224 pounds
Goal:                                lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                92 pounds
Waist Size:                      51 inches
Rowing Duration:           46 minutes, 46 seconds (second session Sept/10), 111 minutes, 32 seconds

Saturdays are the day to get all of those chores done that we have been putting off all week.  We have to make the cottage look extra nice.   Zac, Winter, and I are expecting the arrival of Zac's nephew, Ben,  and his beautiful wife, Mandy, to arrive for an overnight visit.  Its true the visit will not be a long one, but we will try to make it memorable,  and a short visit is better than no visit at all, don't you think?

Of course there is so much to do before Ben and Mandy arrive; we have cleaning to do, dusting, laundry, Zac wants to go to town to do some grocery shopping, we have to ensure that the sleeping quarters are in good condition, lay out towels, soap, toothpaste, all other appropriate staples, etc.  Most of all we have to vacuum up Winter's hair, it is all over the place.

I don't know how I'm going to get the energy to do all the cleaning and get the rest of the chores done as right now I am completely exhausted from being on Cruella, but I guess that is how it should be after you have just completed over an hour and a half on a rowing machine.  Have no fear, I know I will conjure up the energy, I am great in the crunch!!!!

Just like yesterday, I have decided to permanently break up my rowing sessions so that I do them at a decent interval between workouts; I hope this way,  I am able to give and get a better workout. 

 Nothing seems to be going right for me aujourdhui, (sorry, but the French side of me calls out every now and then,)  my dvds aren't copying properly, the coffee isn't co-operating,  and I've made a pot full of coffee grinds and not much else in it, I got my meds mixed up,  and I believe it isn't even the 13th of the month.

I made a special prayer to God last night asking him to watch over my family in Gainesville, Florida.  I want God to take care of everyone down there, but to please give some special attention towards my family, there are so many people down there that have now become very important to me since my family has grown somewhat with the addition of Louise's relatives.

  I don't think of Louise as my sister-in-law, she is my sister, and her Mother has become a good friend, as has her Father, but the truly special gift I received, not only was with Louise, but also with getting a brand new Grandmother.  It felt a little awkward calling Louise's Grandmother by Mrs. So and So, so I asked Mrs. So and So what she would like me to call her, and she said, "Call me Grandma, everyone else does," so I do and I just love having her in my life.  Grandma is 96 years young and loves Zac,  as Zac was able to make Grandma  feel better one day when all the other doctors that she had seen, couldn't, so Zac holds a special place in her heart.  I say, big deal, all Zac did was tell Grandma to drink some Gatorade and now he is the big hero, go figure!!!!!!!


At this very moment I am making extra dvd copies of the movies Gidget, Fame and Nine; I have put them all on one disc,  and am planning to give Judy one of the copies.  Judy is on a limited budget so I try to provide her with dvds of movies and cds of music, I know she really appreciates all of my efforts.

For the second day in a row, the sky is blue and the sun is shining, how lucky are we?  Mamma Mia, the movie, with Ms. Streep is playing on the television right now.  I don't think this movie was as good as the Broadway show, but Meryl can sing and I believe the cd of the soundtrack for Mamma Mia is a big bestseller, so stick that in your pipe Efrem and don't smoke it.

Speaking of smoke, I forgot to mention that when I wrote my review of the musical South Pacific, some of the actors/actresses smoked on stage,  and the cigarette smoke found its way into the audience.  I had a big problem with this, as did the lady sitting next to me.  I am quite surprised that in this day and age,  when everyone is smoke-conscious that they allowed real smoking to take place.  It almost ruined my enjoyment of the musical and I've thought about complaining, but I guess  now is too late, or is it, what do you think?

Yes my post today is short, as I've mentioned,  I have alot of stuff I just have to do,  and most of it has to get done by noon today, so I know you will understand.  Hang in there,  you're bound to get a really long post one of these days.!


Be good to yourself, and to others,  tell people to read my blog, insist to them that if they don't they are really missing something, well, don't you think they are?

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Travel
Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment