Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wild and Wonderful Wednesday

Date:                                 Wednesday, September 1st, 2010
Word of the Day:               beek; to bask or warm in the sunshine or before a fire
Weight:                              225 pounds
Goal:                                  lose 100 pounds in one year duation
Pounds to lose:                   93 pounds
Waist Size:                         53.5 inches (please don't tell anyone!)
Rowing Duration:                195 minutes, 53 seconds, 72 minutes, 44  seconds (second session)

Well, its Hump Day, what a disgusting image, or wonderful image, depending on how you look at it, I just can't believe how fast the week is going,  life is running by me too quickly,  and not even giving me time to stop and smell the flowers.

As you can note by my second rowing session, the heat and the humidity kind of got to me today, as well as,  my behind was rather sore, I really do wish I had more patting there so I could endure the time on Cruella.

Once again, we find ourselves at the beginning of a new month, I think you all kow how I feel about the beginning of anything, it is time to start something new, get on with something, note that time is running by, stop procrastinating, enjoy your life;   Remember it is is the doing of something that makes you successful, not some prize at the end of the road.

I forgot to mention that Monday afternoon, my new computer finally arrived and on Tuesday, Zac very kindly set it up for me.  I could have done it myelf, I'm not an idiot you know, but, I think Zac just wanted something to do, with also getting a glance at the new computer.

I have named my new computer, The Camden Plus, because it is purple,  and purple is one of my niece Jessy's favourite colours.  Now, are you ready for my latest problem?

You all know I'm not a techie, how obvious can it be, but I don't understand why I'm experiencing my latest problem.

The Camden Plus has been set up,  and I am using it to check my email, etc., and do various searches oin the Internet.  After I have logged on to the Internet, I have made special provisions to have the first Internet page go directly to my email.  That way, I can see what my friends want, and/or are asking, or sending, without having to sign in to too many screens, which I absolutely hate and detest. 

My problem is, I cannot access my blog from this new computer, I have keyed in blogger, which is what supports the blog, and then I key in:  thisthatandhim, but nothing works,  and I can't bring up the blog.  Can any of you explain to me the possibility of why I am not able to bring up my blog on the Camden Plus, please advise if you have any ideas or suggestions.

It is now true confession time.  This has been a long time coming.  As you can tell by my weight, I am rather obese, and I am quite ashamed of letting this weight problem go as far as it has, even though there are extenuating circumstances as to the reason for the weight-gain, I cannot in good conscience say it is completely because of the steroids, in partiuclar ,the  prednisone.  However, in addition to my asthma,  which is why I take the steroids, my asthma is quite chronic,  and I need to have Zac give me injections  of depomedrol, which allows me to breathe, when it is near impossible to do on my own, the drug works but causes severe side effects, such as my ability to walk.     

I also suffer from chronic back pain,  which is no day at the beach, and take narcotics for this condition.  I'm not proud of this, nor am I an advocate to taking strong meds because oif a sore back, but my back really is something of a nuisance. 

I have had a bad back since 1974, and despite several hospitalizations, multiple diagnoses and various attempts at rehabilitation, I have not made any advances in this area, it is just easier to take medication, but I'm getting so tired of just ingesting the meds,  and have nothing get better on a permanent basis..

 My bad back is one of the reasons why I row, the other one being is to lose weight.  I am unable to walk  for any reasonable amount of time because my back gets too sore, probably because of just bad luck, but also because my gut is so big, it adds more pressure to the back when I am standing. 

You may be wondering how is it that I'm able to row on Cruella for as long as I do, if my back is so sore, well, that's a good question.  While I am rowing, I tend to pull the bar towards my upper breast region, thus not putting too much pressure on the back, but, I would be a liar if I said I don't experience any pain in my back while I am rowing.  I can only tell you that I work through it, keeping my eye always on my goal, and suffering while doing it.  I still take narcotics for the pain,  when it flairs up, but I'm quite proud that I have been able to reduce the daily amount of narcotics that I consume greatly.  I am just taking one-third of the pills that I used to take daily,  and that is quite an achievement.   So, you see, people, if one day I am able to stop taking narcotics completely for the back pain,  and when I lose my weight, I will be a huge, huge winner, and that is the prime incentive that gets me up at two o'clock in the morning to exercise.     What's your excuse?

Don't you just love reformed whatevers, smoker, addicts, drinkers, procrastinators, etc?  We have a way of letting everyone know that we have all the solutions to the problems of the world, we don't, or why would we be a reformed anything in the firsrt place?

I did not go skinnydipping last night, and yes, it was very hot out, however, I did attempt to go into the lake yesterday afternoon,  and I was able to waddle into about the length of my knees.  However, because I have such difficulty walking, and because you have to walk on some rocks when you come out of the lake, which are very, very slippery, I need assistance,  and Zac sometimes just doesn't have the strength,  or desire,  to be able to pull it off.   The main reason I didn't get my whole body into the lake was that it was too cold, I thought it would be warmer, but then that would defeat God's purpose of sending us a hot and humid day, with a nice refreshing lake to cool ourselves off, alas, I just couldn't do it, yesterday.  Perhaps, today, I shall make another attempt at it.

My drink of choice is now Crystal-light, the raspberry flavour,  which is absolutely delicious,  and zero calories, that's right folks, no calories, zero, zilch, nada, nich!

I'm afraid I'm going to cut my post short today, I am just too hot,  and uncomfortable to think rationally, or creatively.

Topics coming soon:

The night they raided Minsky's
Circumcision
Cancer


          

No comments:

Post a Comment