Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tu Tu Thursday

4
Date:                                       Thursday, October 14th, 2010
Word of the Day:                    hopscotch (HOP\skoch); to journey quickly and directly from one usually far place to another
                                   
Weight:                                    217 pounds
Goal:                                       lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                        85 pounds
Waist Size:                              46.5 inches
Rowing Duration:                    85 minutes, 20 seconds (yesterday' session, 92 minutes, six seconds (today's session)

Well I did it, just like I said I would, yesterday afternoon I got on Cruella, it was an ugly day anyway, so I figured what the heck, I might as well row and I feel all the better for doing it, it had been five days without rowing so I hope I'm back on track.

How about the word of the day, it takes me back to my childhood days, didn't you play hopscotch?

Well how about those Chilean mine workers getting out, I'm sure everyone's prayer helped, and isn't it great that not one life was lost, quite a miracle indeed.



Flag of the Red Cross
Speaking of miracles, did you know that I have had a miracle happen to me, when I was young, I cut my wrist on my left arm accidentally when I fell through a door, my main artery was severed, and the doctors had to rejoin it in surgery.  I was very lucky to have lived, and it was because I received a blood transfusion that I did live, so thank you to all of those people who give blood to the Red Cross.  The miracle was that I was left-handed at that time, so I took typewriting in school as a physio-therapy in order to get my fingers on the left hand to get straightened, and to move, well it worked,  and I soon could move my fingers on the left hand as well as my fingers on the right hand, and today I can type over 70 words per minute.  The doctors said that it was a miracle that I could even move my fingers and now, I use my right hand to do everything, even writing, but there are still some things that I have difficulty doing, such as cutting my meat on a plate and doing up my shoe laces.  I just can't seem to muster doing these two activities, but I'm great at doing everything else.  Do you know of any miracle?, and not the Chilean mine workers, we already know about that one.
 
Our cleaning lady, Hazel, is coming out today to help us out here at the cottage on the lake, we love Hazel and we consider her a member of the family.

It is cloudy, cold and dull out today, same as yesterday, I wonder if we'll ever see the sun again.  I hate rainstorms, as does Winter.  At least Winter does not require medication during a storm, unlike my friend Lily's dog, Kahlua.  Poor Lily, her dog Kahlua has to be given medication every time rain is expected as she gets that upset, can you imagine?  We are so blessed with Winter, she doesn't seem to have any problems that other people encounter with their dog.  Winter is great in the car, when we travel down to Florida, we never even know she is in the backseat of the car, she doesn't make a peep.  We only need to take her to the vets once a year for her annual shots, and to obtain the medical certificate saying she is okay to travel down to the United States, this is a prerequisite folks to taking your dog across the boarder.
 
Did any of you see the television show "Modern Family?" last night, it was so funny and I'm so upset that I didn't tape the episode of "Glee" this week, it was great, most of the players in it sang, and they sang beautifully, I am going to have to try and tape the music off of Itunes.  "Glee" and "Modern Family" are two shows that I try to watch every week, I think they are the only shows worth watching, I prefer to read or watch other movies all other times.  By the way, I am more than halfway through reading the book "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen, have you even purchased this book yet, believe me, it is worth your time to read.

I have approximately ten more books that require my reading after I finish "Freedom," so many of you suggested to me some good books, and I'm really looking forward to reading them, thank you again loyal readers of mine.

Well, its two days in a row wherein I don't have much to say, please don't abandon me, my creative juices will flow again, sometime, someday, I hope soon.

Have a great day, the weekend is almost here, you made it!!!!!

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Television
Blogging















No comments:

Post a Comment