Sunday, October 3, 2010

Surviving on Sunday

Date:                                       Sunday, October 3rd, 2010
Word of the Day:                    mussitate (MUHS\i\teyt); to silently move the lips in simulation of audible speech
Weight:                                    to be announced
Goal:                                        lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                        to be announced
Waist Size:                              48 inches
Rowing Duration:                    to be announced

At least I survived the dinner party, Susie and Blake had a good time, Zac had to take them both over to the landing as they never brought their boat, obviously, Zac picked them up, you are quick, aren't you?

Susie and Blake brought with them some home-made black cherry wine, it was too delicious and worked its magic on me.

Quite naturally, and predicatably, I ate way too much, we served hummus, and salsa with corn chips as an hor d'oeuvre, and I ate more than my share of them.   Zac's roast beef was perfectly cooked and his roast potatoes were simply sumptious, the sweet potato was okay, you really can't go wrong with serving sweet potato, unless it is hated as a vegetable.  Ice cream, home-made brownies and raspberries were served for dessert, a very delicious dessert, but all I indulged in was an activia yogurt, how is that for control?

I, obviously,  slept in today and then I got up and ate breakfast, completely forgetting to weigh in, oh well, I'll do it tomorrow.  I did get up to row on Cruella, but it was much too cold, I'm going to have to bring Cruella inside if I'm to continue exercising.  I hope to get on to Cruella after the day warms up a bit, but it will take an awful lot of warming up, maybe tomorrow will be better, I am an eternal optimist.

Today would have been the birthday of Charles Albert of Sardinia (1798) but I don't feel much in the mood to write about him, count your blessings, its not meant as disrespect to Mr. Albert, I just don't feel like writing.

Yup, another cold, dark, dull day here at the cottage on the lake, and I don't seem to be in the mood to do anything, except stay here warm underneath the blankets watching television, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) in particular.

I've been getting alot of email lately, thank you, and I'll try to answer the one you sent as soon as I can, it will not be today.

I just finished watching Helen Mirren in the movie "The Queen," I didn't like this movie very much, I still miss Princess Diana, her death really was an upset to my life, not to mention the lives of Princes William and Harry.Cover of Cover of The Queen

 Do you remember where you were when you got the news of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales?  I, of course, was at our other cottage on the lake, we have since sold that one and are now at this one which is situated on its very own island, yup, we own an island, how about that?

I don't remember where I was when the news of the death of President John F. Kennedy hit the airwaves, maybe I was too young, I don't know, but I do remember the death of his brother, Robert.  I remember saying a prayer thanking God that Robert F. Kennedy died, he would have been brain-dead, had he lived.

I just watched a preview of the movie "Love Actually," this is one of my very favourite movies of all time, I thought each of the separate stories were interesting and I loved Bill Nighy in it, he was/is so funny.

I don't understand why whenever I type some prose, some pictures will appear on the side of my column that reflects what I write, but it picks and chooses what pictures it wants to bring up, for example, it did not bring up pictures of JFK when I mentioned him, but it did, obviously, bring up pictures of the poster for the movie "The Queen," can any of you explain that?

I am cutting this post short today, yes I know, you could have predicted that, but it really is ugly outside, Ugly Sunday, hmnm., that might have been a good title, maybe I'll use it some other time.  Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  Work tomorrow, so make today count!

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Television
Blogging
Lady DianaImage via Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment