Monday, October 11, 2010

Miffed on Monday

Date:                                       Monday, October 11th, 2010
Word of the Day:                    bricolage (bree\koh\LAHZH); construction or something constructed by using whatever materials happen to be available

Weight:                                   217 pounds
Goal:                                      lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                       85 pounds
Waist Size:                             56.5 inches

Thank goodness its Monday, I bet you don't read that too often, but I am really happy that the weekend is over and I can get back to my routine, yes, back to Cruella. 

Zac made a delicious dinner yesterday and I tried to eat within normality but if you've ever tasted Zac's blueberry pie, you would see that eating normally, when Zac has made a blueberry pie, is next to impossible, I wasn't that bad, I only had one small piece.

It is now time for me to get rather serious, as you know Zac and I had dinner guests yesterday to help us celebrate Thanksgiving.  During the festivities, Bonita's significant other, Gary ,decided to tease me all afternoon.  Gary attributed his sarcasm to my penchant for taping old movies, in particular, the two movies that I taped while he and Bonita were socializing with us.   Now, I did my best to try and please my guests by offering to keep the television off .  (I mean the movies were being taped,) but every time I turned the television off,  Gary would turn it back on, and resume his sarcasm regarding my desire to watch old movies, I guess  this was Gary's idea of having fun.

 Now, I've learned a lesson,  and that is when  someone does something to annoy you, do not wait until the situation is out of control to try and fix it.   Do not wait until you are upset to assert yourself.   If you are upset, do not confront anyone about anything as being upset will only exacerbate the situation.

When you assert yourself to anyone, do it when you are calm and have thought rationally what message you want to convey and do not cloud any issue with unnecessary sarcasm or jokes.

One more thing, we all have a past, and I for one am trying to leave any of my troubled past in the past.  I only now want to concentrate on being the best person that I possibly can be.   I know that this goal may sometimes be difficult in achieving, however, if you are a friend of mine, you can help me reach my goal by not reminding me of any of my former bad behaviour.  I seem to recall in The Lord's prayer, we ask the Lord to forgive us our trespasses as we forgive them that trespass against us.

If you need a little more translation,  I'm attempting to convey to you that if you expect your friends to forgive you for any of your wrong behaviour,either now or from the past,  then you also need to forgive your friends for their wrong behaviour, past or otherwise.  This sounds simple, doesn't it, well, its not,

That's it for the lecture, and seeing how it is still the weekend, I'm going to finish.

Topics coming soon:

Sex
Televison
Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment