Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tinkering and Tickling on Thursday

Date:                                           Thursday, February 3rd, 2011
Word of the Day:                        elide (ih\LAHYD); to suppress; omit; ignore; pass over
Weight:                                        two hundred and six (206) pounds
Goal:                                            lose one hundred (100) pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                            seventy-four (74)
Detail of the face of Mona Lisa showing the us...Image via Wikipedia

Waist Size:                                   forty-one (41) inches
Days until Royal Wedding:         eighty-six (86)
Rowing Duration:                        thirty-three (33) minutes, nineteen (19) seconds

I did a little better on Cruella this morning, maybe it was because I got up late and my body was more re-energized because of the extra sleep, who knows, I can't explain me or my body, can you?  You hush Lily, and Tiffany, no wise cracks from you as well!

In case any of you were wondering,  I believe The Camden Plus is now working the way it is supposed to be working; as you know, I was encountering many, many problems so Dell recommended that I delete and remove all of the programs, which I did, then re-install the programs back to The Camden Plus, which I am in the process of doing.  I had alot of programs on and to re-install them will take me a few days as I am checking things out carefully so I do not put something back on The Camden Plus that may have a virus on it, what is it they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, I believe that's the adage!

I gave you some wrong information yesterday regarding the start-up time of the movie "The Lion in Winter," I said that this movie will start on the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) channel at two (2) o'clock pm., but the movie does not start until two forty-five (2:45) pm., I apologize for this error.

Since we are on the subject of TCM, I want to suggest that all of you turn on TCM at two forty-five (2:45) Friday afternoon and just leave it on through Saturday morning at six (6) o'clock am.  I won't mention all of the movies that they are playing, but each and every one of them is worth your time, they are all excellent!

While were on the subject of errors, (remember I gave the wrong starting time for "The Lion in Winter,) I also goofed regarding my blood work yesterday, it seems when they tell you that you are supposed to fast before a blood test, this includes not taking your medication, which naturally I did, so they would not do the blood testing and told me to come back tomorrow, which is today of course.  And of course, I not only slept in this morning, but I also took my medication, had some toast, so the blood work is going to have to wait until tomorrow (Friday) morning, maybe I'll get it right, we'll see!

I've got news, I guess it's gossip, for all of you who watched television in the eighties (80's) and nineties (90's), one of the biggest television shows of all times is coming back to television and that show is, drum roll please, DALLAS!, yes, unbelievable!

DALLAS is coming back as a series, not as a movie, as it was once rumoured, and so far, stars Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray have signed on to do it.   I hope they are successful at wooing Miss Victoria Principal back, as "Pam," next to "Miss Ellie" was my favourite character.   Speaking of "Miss Ellie" since Barbara Bell Geddes has passed away, I wonder if they will recast this role or if they will kill off the "Miss Ellie" character, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I told you I had news and I'm not quite finished.  This next newsworthy item is really going to catch your attention, you may have already heard it, and if you had heard it, why didn't you tell me?, but for those of you who know nothing about the world in which you live, (take a Valium Peggy, I was just joking, I only heard the news this morning)  researchers, critics, (not only of art,) historians,  and art experts, now believe that the woman posing for Leonardo Da Vinci's masterpiece, The Mona Lisa, (which hangs in the Louvre in Paris, France, naturally I have seen this painting at least four (4) times,) is really a man.  Yes, that is correct, you did not read incorrectly, it is believed that The Mona Lisa is/was a man. 

It is unclear, at this time, if the man was Leonardo Da  Vinci's lover, or if he was just a model, in drag , experts are still investigating the nature of the relationship, regardless, isn't that fantastic news?, and I did not borrow it from "The National Enquirer!"   My news source has to remain private, but how about that people, can I deliver the news or what?  Don't thank me, just keep reading my blog, every day,  and tell your friends and family to read my blog, don't you think I deserve a larger audience?

Okay people, Efrem is now worried, we have just lost power to our house.   "The Camden Plus" is now operating on it's battery, but beside the point that it may take awhile to get today's post published, I may miss watching the movie(s) "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," and "Johnny Belinda," which are running on TCM today, drat, sometimes I have the worst luck!

I hope I don't lose everything I have written today, I am currently unable to save this post, obviously if you get it, things changed and I was able to save my post, but right at this very time, I cannot save my post, I shall try to publish it without saving it, but I really don't think this will work.

Okay, so now I'm going to let you go, I want to try and get things restored to normal in this house, my computer, the television, and my sanity, although I've never been really able to get a grip on my sanity, that's a joke, albeit lame, nonetheless, a joke!


Take care and have a good day, the weekend is getting closer, you can do it.


Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment