Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sin no more Sunday

Date:                                                       Sunday, February 13th, 2011
Word of the Day:                                    buss (BUS); a kiss; a playful kiss; a smack
Weight:                                                    two hundred and twenty-four (224) pounds
Goal:                                                        lose one hundred (100) pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                                        ninety-two (92)
Waist Size:                                               forty-one (41) inches
Days until Royal Wedding:                      seventy-six (76)
Rowing Duration:                                    thirty-nine minutes


Barbra StreisandImage via Wikipedia





First off,  I need to apologize for keeping you waiting for today's post.  Silly me.  I started writing my post early today,  and I had not written very much when I encountered writer's block, so I decided to take a small break from my writing.   As you can surmise, the small break turned into a rather large break, but at least my writer's block is gone.

Happy Syphilis Day.  For those of you who are not in the know, Syphilis Day is the day before V.D.
Day.
  Don't you think that Syphilis deserves it's own day, it is still quite rampant you know and because of that, remember the old adage, "No glove, NO LOVE!!!!!!!"

Okay, you now know what I weigh, I have been postponing publishing it, but decided that I need to see my weight for what it is, especially if I am going to do anything about it, which I am, actually, I haven't really stopped, I just got a little sidetracked because of the depomedrol (liquid prednisone) use.

I went back to the mall yesterday to pick up the picture prints of my Mother that were at "Blacks" film/camera store, this time, "Blacks" did a good job and I was very pleased with the results, so was Judy, who received a copy.

The good thing about going out yesterday was that it had warmed up a little from Friday, a little, and I hope it keeps warming up as it looks more and more that Zac, Winter and I will not be going back to Florida in the month of March, well, we will not be going back for the entire month.


If I am able to get my kidney stones attended to, and if the entire month of March has not passed by, Zac, Winter and I will head back to Florida, but that is depending on a big IF!!!!

I shall be terribly sad if we do not go down to Gainesville, Florida because I am missing my kids, Sally, Jessie, and Raphael, and cannot fathom having to wait until next November or December to see them again.  I also think that the kids really enjoy seeing Zac, Winter and I and dare I say it, yes, even Biff and Louise will miss us, or at least, they'll miss Winter, everybody loves Winter, who is behaving a little strange these days.

For the last week or so, Winter has been going to the shower stall that is located in the Master bathroom, to rest herself.  The shower stall is open and does not have a door on it and Winter loves to go inside it and lay herself down.  A couple of nights ago, I got the fright of my life when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and switched on the light and saw Winter staring at me from the shower stall.   Like most people, when I am about to pee I don't expect to see anyone, so I was, to say the least, a little taken aback.

One of my idols, Barbra Streisand was honoured by MusiCares Friday night,  and it seems this was quite a GALA, many celebrities and other singers were there to salute Miss Barbra, including Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett, Leann Rimes, Faith Hill, the Glee Cast, Diana Krall, Herbie Hancock, Bebe Winans, Leona Lewis, James Brolin, Jeff Beck and Bill Maher, I wonder why I wasn't invited?, I could have sung a song that would have blown the roof off!, well too bad for them I was busy anyway!!!!!!

Whilst were in the entertainment vein, actress, Peggy Rea has died at the age of eighty-nine (89.)  Miss Rea appeared in television episodes of "The Waltons," "All In The Family" and "The Dukes of Hazzard."  And Miss Betty Garrett has also died at age ninety-one (91.)  Miss Garrett appeared as Irene Lorenzo in "All In The Family," and as Edna Babish in "Laverne and Shirley."  Both actresses will be greatly missed .

As a completely different aside,  did you know that on this day in 1966, "The Rolling Stones" appeared on "The Ed Sullivan Show," I wonder what good old Ed thought of Mick? (I've always thought with those lips Mick Jagger could french kiss a moose!) 

And whilst were in the music vein, "Glee TV Star, Matthew Morrison's upcoming compact disc (cd) will feature a duet with Mr. Morrison and Sir Elton John, you've come a long way Matthew, Congratulations!

Tune into Oprah on Monday to catch up on Roseanne Barr who is returning to the show and will discuss her new life partner, fame, marriage sex, and something I'm really excited to hear about, Roseanne is going to talk about her nut farm, do you think she's referring to her family?

The Broadway Show, "Superman," yes that show again, has now received two safety violations, I have a feeling that this bit of news will only increase ticket sales!

While were on Oprah (such Imagery, Efrem, shame,) I received my first copy of the "O" magazine, as well as receiving other magazines that I receive regularly, such as "Time" and "Vanity Fair."

A long time ago, I used to receive the magazine of "Life," which is no longer around.   I remember that I really enjoyed "Life" because of the awesome pictures that they would print, and I'm really sorry that I did not keep the copies of the magazine.   Yes, I purged them as I thought the magazine "Life" would be around forever,  oh to have a small peek into the future,  or to have a little inside information, hush Efrem, remember what happened to Martha Stewart!!!!!

Thanks to widespread confusion about the correct treatment of prefixes and suffixes, syllables and words attached before or after root words, many people persist in inserting hyphens more frequently than necessary.   Essentially, however, hyphens seldom belong in prefixed and suffixed words:

Prefixes and root words are almost always combined without hyphens (prepaid, nonprofit, posttraumatic).   Exceptions include when the root word is a proper noun (un-Christian, anti-Semitic) or a number (“pre-2010 models”), or when the first letter of the root word and the prefix’s last letter are the same (anti-intellectual, co-opt).   Repetitions of consonants, however (nonnative), are not excepted.


Some prefixes, like vice, unfortunately, are used indiscriminately; they may be disconnected (“vice president”), hyphenated (vice-regent), or closed up (viceregal).   And then there are antonyms styled at odds with each other, such as on-screen and offscreen.   (Easy solution:  Reconcile them one way or the other.)

Other idiosyncratic instances of hyphenation include ambiguous treatments like re-cover in the sense of “to cover again,” rather than “to retrieve,” mid before a numbered century (“mid-twenty-first century” or “mid-21st century”), and non attached to an phrasal adjective (“non-meat-eating”).

A common error is to refer to very large amounts of money with a phrase like “multi-billion-dollar budget” or, worse, “multi-billion dollar budget.”   However, words prefixed by multi need no hyphen: “multibillion-dollar budget.”

The en dash, a hyphen on steroids,  is used when the link must carry more weight: when prefixes and suffixes are linked to permanent open compounds to form phrasal adjectives.   Examples include “post  Civil War era” and “high school age drivers.”

Suffixes are rarely hyphenated, either (airborne, lifelike, nationwide).   Some sources suggest hyphenating borne, like, and wide to a word three or more syllables long, but it’s not necessary; communitywide, for example, may look cumbersome, but it’s best to be consistent.   However, words ending in l, and most proper nouns, retain a hyphen when linked to like, and proper nouns linked to wide are always hyphenated.

Okay, so you got mostly entertainment news today, well, I'm not quite finished yet, "The Grammy Awards" are on television tonight, ensure you watch just to root for fellow Canadian, Mr. Justin Bieber, I hope he takes a handful!!!!

Take care, and have yourself a great day.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment