Thursday, February 10, 2011

Too too much Thursday

Date:                                               Thursday, February 10th, 2011
Word of the Day:                            doppelganger (DOP\uhl\gang\uhr); a ghostly double or counterpart of a living person; alter ego; double

Weight:                                            two hundred and six (206) pounds
Goal:                                               lose one hundred (100) pounds in one (1) year duration
Pounds to lose:                                 seventy-four (74)
Waist Size:                                       forty-one (41) inches and fat
Days until Royal Wedding:                seventy-nine (79) I can't believe Prince William has still not asked me to be one of his ushers/groomsmen

Rowing Duration:                             seventeen minutes (17) five (5) seconds

I had quite alot of difficulty rowing on Cruella this morning, I just couldn't get into it, I think it all started with me not being able to put on shoes to do the rowing, my feet are so swollen they will not fit into any shoe, I guess its back to taking water pills!

I need to make a correction with regard to a previous post, my sister-in-law, Louise, did not turn forty (40) years old yesterday, Louise's birthday is not until tomorrow, Friday, February 11th, and then Louise will turn the big FORTY (40), happy, dear?!!!!! 

Okay, what is with the cold, let me make a slight change, what is with the bitter, bitter cold?  Sometimes, I think I'm living in Greenland or Iceland!

Last evening, Zac and I dined at Moxie's Grill, neither one of us has ever been there before and considering how close the restaurant is to our home, that really is a bit of an oversight on our part.  Anyway, regarding Moxie's:  the cost of the food was a little pricey,  the ambiance and food were excellent, so under those conditions, one does not mind paying a little extra for those extras.  Ta Da!

I also went to the HMV dvd/cd store wherein I purchased the movie "The Kids Are All Right." I want to see this movie before the Academy Awards are televised, so I can decide for myself whether or not Annette Bening should win the Oscar for Best Actress,  I'm telling you now, and before viewing the movie, she should. 

I love Annette Bening and feel she was ripped off for not winning the Oscar for her performance in the movie, "American Beauty."  You may remember that Hilary Swank won the Academy Award that year, for her good performance in "Boys Don't Cry!"  Yes, I'll concede that it was a good performance, but it was not as great as Annette Bening's, and I think they gave the award to Ms. Swank because Hilary looked like a boy, okay, give the Oscar to the people of that movie who did the make-up and hair.

Did any of you see the Today show yesterday?, because on that show, there featured a story on a border collie named Chaser who had the largest vocabulary of any dog anywhere.  Chaser was a very pretty dog, as border collie's are, but she was so smart.  Chaser could distinguish between nouns and verbs and even when a complete stranger to Chaser, in this case it was Matt Lauer, asked Chaser to bring him various objects that were strewn all over the floor of the studio, Chaser obeyed Matt and brought him the correct object which was not easy as there were many, many objects on that floor, good for Chaser, I've always known that dogs aren't just wonderful companions, they're alot smarter than some people, at least I think so.

How is that word for the word of the day?  I bet you, like me, are anxious to use it.

Poor, poor Zac is unwell.  Last night, Zac developed an upset stomach and he had severe cramps that caused him quite a bit of pain.  I felt so helpless, as it seemed there wasn't much I could do for Zac, other than emptying the bucket of you-know-what, getting Zac fluids to drink, keeping Zac covered, and uncovered, as Zac would get chills and then he would go the extreme opposite and be extremely hot.

I watched the movie "Come Back, Little Sheba" on the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) channel last night.  This is about the tenth time I have seen this movie, I enjoy watching it because of the performance of Shirley Booth, yeah, that Shirley Booth, yeah HAZEL!!!!  (As an aside, I loved the television show of Hazel!)

Shirley Booth won the Academy Award for Best Actress in this her debut film and deservedly so.  Shirley's quiet, but yet, ever so touching portrayal of a woman married to an alcoholic, who is also searching for her lost dog, Sheba, makes me cry, and I mean, I weep, whenever I see "Come Back, Little Sheba," and so will you if you take the time to watch it, and you should.  Yes, I know, the movie was on last night, but haven't you ever heard of renting a dvd/video?

Just so you know, Shirley Booth was a theatre actress primarily, and she did win a Tony award for her performance in the play "Come Back, Little Sheba," making her one of the very few people who has won both a Tony and an Oscar for playing the same role. 

Shirley Booth, unfortunately, only made a handful of movies, five (5) of them to be exact, this is really too bad because Miss Booth was such an amazing actress.  Shirley Booth's performances in these five (5) movies are also excellent, especially Shirley's performance as Dolly Levi in Thornton Wilder's play, "The Matchmaker," which the musical "Hello, Dolly!" is based on, and I encourage you strongly to watch "The Matchmaker," especially if you've seen "Hello, Dol

Big deal, Kate Middleton and Camilla had lunch together, are we so desperate for news, and gossip?  I will say though, that Kate looked quite regal with understated chic, has alot of nerve to go out and be seen with that adulteress/jezebel/floosie!   I'm sorry people, I don't like Camilla, and I will always think of her negatively, yes, Charles is just as bad, but two wrongs do not make a right!   For the record, I had lunch with Zac yesterday, did the lights go out?

Hey, today would have been the birthday of Carmen Miranda!  Carmen Miranda was a Brazilian singer and actress, who in the 1930s was the most popular recording artist in Brazil,  where she appeared in five (5) films.  Recruited by a Broadway producer, Carmen Miranda made her United States (U.S.) film debut in "Down Argentine Way."  Typecast as the "Brazilian Bombshell" and given such caracatural roles as "The Lady in the Tutti-Fruitti Hat in "The Gang's All Here," Carmen Miranda became the highest-paid female performer in the U.S. during World War II

So, Miss Lindsay Lohan got off again, at least temporarily, I'm glad about this, I think this very talented young lady needs much more therapy, but I don't understand why there was so much fuss about the dress she wore to court yesterday, I think Lindsay looked pretty.

I want to see the movie, "Just Go With It," which stars Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler, the movie looks funny, Jennifer Aniston is pretty, and the movie takes place in Hawaii, which is my dream place to live!

Okay, one more interesting note, at least I think so, a three-hundred (300) year old Bible, now being called "The Wicked Bible" has been discovered at Oxford University.  The Bible is being called wicked because of a typographical mistake in one of the Ten Commandments.   The one Commandment reads:  "Thou shalt commit adultery" instead of "Thou shalt not commit adultery!"

Have a great day people, please watch out for "Black Ice," and be good to yourself and to others.


Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment