Friday, February 18, 2011

Feel like flashing on Friday

Date:                                              Friday, February 18th, 2011
Word of the Day:                           factotum (fak\TOH\tuhm); a person employed to do all kinds of work or business

Weight:                                         two hundred and twenty-four (224) pounds
Goal:                                             lose one hundred (100) pounds in one (1) year duration
Pounds to lose:                             ninety-two (92)
Waist Size:                                   forty-three (43) inches
Days until Royal Wedding:          sixty-nine (69) days, I wonder if Kate is counting the days
Rowing Duration:                         sixty minutes, fifty (50) seconds

I'm late, I'm unshaven, I'm Efrem.  Hear me, help me, be patient with me.  So sorry that this post is unbelievably late, I just have had alot to do with taking on Zac's responsibilities.  I also got a little bogged down by trying to correct all the grammatical mistakes that Grammarly.com pointed out I've made on previous posts.   I can't believe how much I split infinitives!!!

I need to apologize to one of my readers who I still need, and want, to mail a parcel to.  I did it once, but it got returned because of an incorrect address, or so said Canada Post, anyway, I am going to make a concerted effort to get that parcel, with the correct address, in the mail today.

What a gorgeous, bright, sunny day, the warmth of the sun just envelopes my spirit and I want everyone to feel the happiness that I'm feeling right at this time.  No, I didn't win the lottery, well, I won the lottery of life, (beat that optimism Annie Warbucks!) gosh I'm deep!

Thank goodness for Judy, my sister has been helping out Zac and I a great deal, and for that, Zac and I are deeply grateful.  Winter is also very appreciative!

On the Internet, there are many options or add-ons that one can research and peruse, to which, even I access daily.  I especially make a habit of visiting the In The News add-on as it supplies me with a wealth of information, and trivia, that I might otherwise miss.  In today's, In the news,there is a report that hearing loss may be linked to Dementia, how about that?

In a recent study, researchers found that the risk of Dementia rises as hearing ability declines.  It is unclear why this might be the case, (I wish they would make it clearer) but it is possible that the brains of those who are hearing impaired allocate many resources to audition to compensate for the deficit at the expense of other cognitive functions.  It is also possible that hearing loss leads to social isolation, (isn't it obvious why this is so,) which has been linked to Dementia in the past, or that both conditions result from brain abnormalities. (I wonder how much these researchers get paid to come up with this data, I'm thinking of switching professions, again!)  

Researchers have yet to determine whether hearing aids or other auditory devices can help stave off the onset of dementia.  I'm going to go out on a limb, (not a very big one, mind you) and say that NO, hearing aids, and other auditory devices will not stave off Dementia, Dementia has a mind of its own!!!!  Seriously folks, the possibility that hearing aids, and those of its ilk might delay Dementia is reason enough for this study, and it underlines the importance of wearing those aids and getting your hearing tested, hear me???

Time for you to catch up on Efrem's peculiarities, or traits, to wit:


I absolutely revel in English perpendicular, it's true, especially if I'm feeling romantic.
I do think that sexual addiction is a real thing, and not something made up to get someone out of a bad spot, although I can see how these two (2) things relate.
I frequently overeat yet I am a picky eater.
I love it when a server in a restaurant asks me what I want on my cheeseburger, and I tell them, a hot dog!
I always tip well, unless I don't have the money.
I exaggerate everything.
I love gossip, I hate being the gossip, but that is the price you pay.
I do not colour my hair, and it is my own!
I wish I were taller and fear that I'm shrinking, not there!
I hate not being a University graduate, but don't think nobody notices.
I read voraciously but not nearly enough.
I love movies, think I would be great in them, but don't like having my picture taken.
I hate failure, especially my own.
I'd rather be rich, and do not think it is all relative, its all in the bank!
I love dogs, especially Winter, mostly because she's human!
I like to think that there is other human life out there, not necessarily on Mars.
I love going to McDonalds and watching the numbers change!!!!
I sing in any key, and all of them, usually at the same time.
I am a great lover, mostly to myself!
I can use both of my hands.


Well, now you know a few more things about me, and on that note, I shall end today's post, hope you have a great day and a lovely weekend, stay in touch.


Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Annie WarbucksImage via Wikipedia

Cartoons



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment