Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sing! Sing! Sing! Saturday!

Date:                                                Saturday, February 12th, 2011
Word of the Day:                             risible (RIZ\uh\buhl); capable of laughing; disposed to laugh
Weight:                                            two hundred and six (206) pounds
Goal:                                                lose one hundred (100) pounds in one (1) year duration
Pounds to lose:                                 seventy-four (74)
Waist Size:                                       forty-one (41) inches
Days until Royal Wedding:              seventy-seven (77) I'm not speaking to Kate nor Prince William
Rowing Duration:                             forty-five (45) minutes, eight (8) seconds

Okay, tomorrow is going to be a big day as I am going to give an accurate weight reading I have been putting this off as I gained so much weight whilst I was in Florida, (because of the steroid uses side effects, please remember this,) and I have not yet been able to lose it.  Dr. Alladin is confident, and reassuring that that weight will come off, as, Dr. Alladin says, I have alot, and she said, ALOT of body fluid inside me, that will come off, when? is what I want to know, WHEN WILL IT COME OFF?, you too, I expect want to know this very important information.
ding.   I

I went to the mall yesterday to pick up some pictures that I had taken to "Black's" camera/film store; a while ago, my sister, Judy, had asked me if I had some pictures of our mother that she could have.   At the time, I could not find any, (can you believe that?,) anyway earlier this week whilst I was down in the basement, I did locate a couple of pictures of our mother. 

There were two lovely pictures and I decided that I would get them enlarged and then give them to Judy.  Anyway, as it turned out, I could only pick up one of the pictures yesterday, as "Blacks" only did a good job on the one picture, on the other picture there was too much red was in the enlargement and this was an obvious mistake as there was none of this red in the original picture.   It was no problem, "Blacks" said they would redo it, but I need to go back there today to pick up this redone enlargement.

It is snowing quite heavily right now, I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever stop snowing, we certainly are getting a WINTER this year, oh well, the snow is pretty to look at, if you are inside that is, if you are outside in the snow, the snow is just cold, very cold!

I am getting quite excited, next weekend, my sister Judy and I will be going to see the musical "South Pacific" at the North York Centre for the Performing Arts.  Judy and I just saw this show in the summer, you may remember as I wrote about it in this blog, and we both quite enjoyed it, that is why we are going back to see it again, I believe it is the same cast, we shall see.

I read some rather distressing news earlier, at least it is distressing for me, legendary actress Elizabeth Taylor is being treated in a Los Angeles hospital for "symptoms caused by congestive heart failure," her representative said Friday.

Taylor, 78, checked into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center this week for the "ongoing condition," Taylor representative Jamie Cadwell said.  "This issue is being addressed," Cadwell said. "She is currently being kept in the hospital for monitoring."  Her publicist gave CNN more detail in a statement later Friday evening.   "I can assure you she is fine and even better, comfortable," Sally Morrison said.

When doctors repaired a leaky heart valve in October 2009, Taylor posted a Twitter message saying it "was like having a brand new ticker."   The Oscar-winning actress has used Twitter over the past two years to communicate with fans and dispel the occasional rumor reported on celebrity gossip websites.  However, a message she tweeted Wednesday was her first in nearly six months.   The tweet pointed fans to an interview she gave to Kim Kardashian in Harper magazine yesterday.

"I like the connection with fans and people who have been supportive of me."  Taylor told Kardashian when asked about Twitter.   "And I love the idea of real feedback and a two-way street, which is very, very modern.   But sometimes I think we know too much about our idols and that spoils the dream. So, like all things, it is to be used with care! Yes, of course I'll follow you, love."

Taylor's representative, in Friday's statement, asked that "people respect her privacy and allow her medical team the time and space to focus on restoring her back to health."  The London-born movie star has won two (2) Academy Awards for best actress for "Butterfield 8" in 1961 and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" in 1967.  And lets not forget that Elizabeth Taylor was also awarded the Jean Herscholt Humanitarian Award (special Oscar/Academy Award) for all of the hard work she did to combat Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS!,) yes, Miss Elizabeth Taylor is pretty special so lets give her her privacy and say a prayer for her!  Some of you may remember that Liz and I go way back!!!!

I find I have such little time to get things done these days, I'm so busy, reading the newspapers, Internet news, doing research for this blog, doing creative writing, watching great movies on the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) channel, communicating with my friends, etc.   I think I need to prioritize, or re-prioritize everything I do because I would like to have better results in my accomplishments to get things done, and I wonder how all of you manage to get things done especially in this fast pace of life that we all currently operate under.  Please advise me of any tips you may have to better utilize time, I would really appreciate it.

Speaking of time, it is time for me to get my breakfast, I'm eating oatmeal on a daily basis now to help improve my cholesterol and blood pressure levels.


Have a great day and weekend.


Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons










Cropped screenshot of Elizabeth Taylor from th...Image via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment