Thursday, February 17, 2011

Testosterone Thursday

Date:                                              Thursday, February 17th, 2011
Word of the Day:                           ululate (UL\yuh\layt); to howl as a dog or wolf; to wail; as ululating jackals

Weight:                                          two hundred and twenty-four (224) pounds
Goal:                                              lose one hundred (100) pounds in one (1) year duration
Pounds to lose:                              ninety-two (92)
Waist Size:                                     forty-three (43) inches
Days until Royal Wedding:           seventy (70) days, depending on your arithmetic
Rowing Duration:                          sixty-six (66) minutes, ten (10) seconds

Sorry about the title of today's post, I'm not feeling that creative so I thought I would give my sex, men, a much over-due salute, I know its not much of a salute, but....

Well good news,  Zac is home.  It's true, I'm running to him every other second to attend to his needs and wants, but its nice to have him home.  I'm getting quite tired, however, for having to do the chores that Zac normally does, I had no idea how much more work is involved when you have to do the work for somebody else.

The weather seems to be somewhat milder, I don't know why everybody is raving about it, I mean, it's not Florida, oh Florida, I miss you!

Do you believe what pariah Bernard Madoff is saying?, ie that banks knew what he was doing, specifically, the Ponzi scheme, and will you buy the eventual book that he is sure to write, because I won't, and I sincerely hope that you do not, I don't believe in helping criminals get rich!

In an attempt to encourage people to make healthier dietary choices, and combat obesity, New York
City began requiring fast-food restaurants to list the calories of their foods on menus in 2008.    To study the effectiveness of this practice, researchers gathered restaurant receipts and surveyed patrons at fast food restaurants both before and after mandatory labelling began.  They found that more than half of teens surveyed noticed the calorie information once it was posted on menus, but only nine (9) percent said it influenced their food choices, does calorie information affect your food choices?, for the record, it does mine, but not all of the time, sometimes that hot fudge sundae is just too tempting to resist.

Are any of you watching the Oscar-winning movies being run on the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) channel? because if you are not, you are missing an opportunity to see some of the best movies ever made, I mean, just yesterday, TCM ran a double bill of movies starring the brilliant Peter O'Toole, and they were, "My Favourite Year," (I love this very funny movie,) and the epic "Lawrence of Arabia!" and you know each time I watch David Lean's masterpiece, I learn something new on Thomas Edward (T.E.) Lawrence!  This morning, I am also being spoiled by TCM's running of the musical film "Goodbye Mr. Chips."


The James Hilton novel, "Goodbye Mr. Chips," was one (1) of the very first novels that I read as a child, so I remain quite sentimental about the book, (even though it is somewhat ethnocentric,) and the movie.  For the record, I first saw the musical movie at the Uptown Theatre, it was the very first movie that played at the Uptown Cinema, you can say that "Goodbye Mr. Chips" opened the Uptown, and I believe it was the only movie that played at the Uptown that required reserved seats!

Speaking of movies, there is a new film, entitled "RISE" coming out that centres around that famous plane crash of 1961 that killed the entire United States (U.S.) figure skating team, it is interesting to note how impacted we still are to some of those people that died in that crash.

While were on the subject of figure skating, did you know that Tonya Harding, figure skater/boxer/associate criminal, is pregnant with her first child, a boy.  I wonder if Miss Harding will give her son brass knuckles instead of a pacifier, hehe.

Today would have been the birthday of Sonny Bono, remember him?, I liked him, especially when he sang with Cher!

Do you watch Oprah?, I do, I try not to miss a single show, especially this year.   Oprah's shows for this, her final season have been outstanding, and tomorrow's show promises to be quite interesting, it centres around a seven (7) year old who tried to kill his mother, yup, you read correctly, a seven (7) year old!!!

Well that is it for me today, I am now going to have my breakfast, oatmeal, just in case you were wondering.


Have a good day, be good to yourself!


Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment