Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

Date:  Tuesday      August 10th, 2010
Word of the day:    absquatulate; to flee; abscond
Weight:                 232 pounds
Goal:                     lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Rowing Duration:   15 minutes, and twenty seconds

Happy Birthday dear Alice!   Zac, Winter and I hope the day is magical for you.

I am quite proud of myself for finally making the fifteen minute mark in my exercise,  I have a way to go, but at least I am finally doing my heart some good.  To cool down from rowing, I walked back and forth on the deck for five minutes and then took Winter for a walk around the island.  All of the walking helps towards keeping the heart ticking, I hope.

It is just after five am., and it is very quiet.  I love this time of day, I have it all to myself.  I am in such a good mood,  it really is a lovely day.  I have decided that I will make Giovanni and Alice a boxed lunch, seeing how they are planning to absquatulate today,  and they have done so much for me.

I have made them a balogna and roast beef sandwich.  Now, they can either have one complete sandwich, or share a half with each other, thus each one getting, a half of roast beef and a half balogna sandwich.  I have also put in the lunch:  some old cheddar cheese, one blueberry and one peach yogurt, some strawberries, some macaroons, two bananas, two pieces of buttered banana loaf bread, and a beverage for each of them, one ice tea and one coca-cola.  That should help them out.

We will miss the girls alot, they have done so much for us while they have been here on a mini vacation.

I heard on the news earlier that Patricia Neal died, probably sometime yesterday.  Patricia Neal was such a marvelous actress,  and I will always remember that she created the role of the mother in the film 'The Homecoming' which became the television series, 'The Waltons.'    Lets not forget that she also won an academy award for the movie Hud.

I loved "The Waltons"" so much and I still watch the repeats that are shown today.  I think, the Grandmother, portrayed by Ellen Corby was and is my favourite.  She was a tough old broad with a heart of gold!  I'm sorry if I've offended anyone by using the word 'broad' but considering the context, it really does seem appropriate.

Today,  I've already eaten two small plums.  I was planning on putting the plums in the girl's lunch but the fruit was really ripe,  and as soon as I handled the little buggers,  they started to fall apart.  I had no choice, I either had to eat the plums or throw them out.

Instead of applying brown sugar on my daily bowl of cream and wheat with oat bran, I put a splenda on it.  Every calorie counts, don't you know.

I forgot to tell you, Zac bought another boat yesterday.  It is like our old speedboat, except that it is new, beige, and we will take possession of it in a week.  I'm wondering if Zac won a lottery since this is the second boat he has purchased within a one month duration.  Actually, the speedboat purchase is just so that we have a backup,  in case the pontoon boat breaks down; it is always a good idea to have two modes of operation.  Nevertheless, it is also expensive to have two boats, and two homes, and two, you get the drift.

I don't care if he doesn't like it, I am going to help pay for the boats because I get to use them,  and it is not fair that Zac pays for everything,  besides it's no sense being the richest man in the graveyard.

I forgot to wear my whistle while I was walking around the island.  The ground is very uneven and there are some precipices that one can easily get injured.  Anyone, and anything could happen to cause an injury, so I need to remind myself to do myself a favour and wear the whistle.  Who knows, I might start a trend.

Okay, not to complain,  but as of today, I have yet to receive any feedback regarding my blog.  Sure you will likely want to use the excuse that you haven't even found my blog,  but I've heard on the grapevine that I have sent my thoughts and ideas attached to emails.  If this applies to you, then you ought to let me know what you think,  and give me support for my efforts to lose weight and be in better shape.

One more thing, for Terrific Tuesday that is, you may note some errors.  Lately, I am falling asleep without proofreading, nor publishing my latest post,  this is not intentional, but I hope forgiveful.

Later.



                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment