Thursday, August 12, 2010

Celebration Thursday (continued)

Dare:                    Thursday, August 12th, 2010
Word of the day:  cheechako; tenderfoot; greenhorn; newcomer
Weight:                 232 pounds
Goal:                    lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Rowing Duration:  33 minutes, forty seconds

List of Characters (so far)

Efrem,        creator, writer, and narrator of thisthatandhim
Zac,            a doctor, with whom I live
Winter,        our dog
Louise,        our sister-in-law
Alice,          a friend
Giovanni,     a friend
Judy,           my sister
Shoshanna,  friend, future niece-in-law
Aunt Effie,   surrogate Aunt, friend
Cherry,       close friend
Mabel,        a friend and cottager
Mikey,        a new friend
Cruella,       the rowing machine

Well I am really bugged, not only did I post my earlier blog in error, but I started it up again,  and the computer went down and I lost it.  What is incredulous to me is,  that I had saved the continued blog,  so I have no idea where it went,  but I can't locate it,  and I really did write down an awful lot.  We're talkihng a page and a half of prose!  Gosh, this is so frustrating!!!!!

Well, I doubt I shall be able to remember everything that I talked about.  I know,  I spoke of what another gorgeous sunrise I witnessed with all the purple, orange and pink hue in its splendour.  The sunrise, was shared by Judy, who you never know is around,  except when you occasionally inhale her cigarette smoke, which she does outside!

I know I also talked about how much I've bitched at Judy to stop smoking, which I hope will be soon.

I also chatted about how Zac, Winter and I watched all of our regular television shows last night,  and then watched the movie 'National Velvet' wherein Elizabeth Taylor became a star.  I have been a big Elizabeth Taylor fan most of my life, and once, years ago, when Liz was in Toronto with Carol Burnett filming the movie, Between Friends, (at least, I think thats what it was called,)  a friend of mine and I went over to a bookstore in Yorkville, where they just happened to be filming, and after La Liz finished filming a scene,  and was walking towards her limousine,  my friend yelled out,  rather loudly,  "Hey Liz!"  to which Miss Taylor startled, and clearly shocked,  looked in our direction to see who had just yelled at her.  As soon as Miss Taylor looked my way,  I blew the Academy Award winning actress a kiss.  Taking my cue, Elizabeth Taylor began to blow kisses to the crowd,  and the next day there was a picture of this event on the front page of a newspaper.  No autographs, please.

I ate cream of wheat with oat bran, one glass of skimmed milk to pour over it and the splenda sprinkled on top of it for my breakfast.  Later, mid-morning, I ate a yogurt.  I am trying to be very careful at what I eat because the more I put in my mouth,  the more time I have to spend on Cruella, which is what I've named the rowing machine.

I also restarted taking a baby aspirin on a daily basis.  My doctor had prescribed that I do this, long ago, I mean, I am over fifty years old, but my legs and feet became bruised,  so my general practitioner advised me to stop until the bruising went away, obviously, it has.

Perhaps after I have been at this rowing for awhile, and corrected my eating habits, my high blood pressure and my high cholesterol will go down,  and I will be able to stop taking the medications Avapro and Lipitor.
That sure would be a bonus, wouldn't it?

It should be noted, by the way, that nobody should stop,  or start medication,  unless it has been dictated by a doctor.  It is amazing to me how common it is that people prescribe medication to themselves.

I am having shepherd's pie for my dinner and a slice of bread.   I probably will also have dessert tomorrow and I shall let you know what I decided to indulge myself in, I hope it is not too fattening.

Okay, so as I have not been too lucky with my blog today, I am going to post it now.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Can't seem to get this comment posted!!!

    Love the blog. Wish I could row for 40 mins. a day.

    Love ya,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete