Sunday, August 8, 2010

Satur DAY Fever

Date:      Saturday, August 7th, 2010
Weight:  232 pounds
Goal:      Lose 100 pounds within a one year duration

I know what you're all thinking;, he hasn't even lost an ounce as his weight is that of which he started, 232 pounds.  However, here at the cottage on the lake, we do not yet have a scale to monitor my weight accurately.  But, this will soon change as when I go to the big city,  I shall buy the dreaded scale.

I also need to purchase a throw cushion that I can use on the seat of that rowing machine.  I have such little padding on my behind, my seat gets sore whenever I sit on that blasted thing, which, by the way, I am happy to report, that I managed to row for seven minutes and forty seconds today.  Granted, that does not seem like much, but it is an improvement,  and so I know I am at least headed in the right direction. 

Zac has also recommended that when one is starting a new exercise regiment, one really should add time to a program on a gradual basis in order to avoid injury.

Gosh, how fast summer is slipping by, it is dark by nine o'clock pm. and the leaves on the trees are already turning yellow and red.  Summer will not be here forever, as I just indicated, so get out there and make the most of it.

A very good friend of mine, Alice, arrived yesterday afternoon for a visit, a visit in which I have been looking forward to for a long time.  Alice, brought with her, Giovanni, another dear friend, so I am absolutely in a  state of bliss, as I will not need to cook for five days, nor will Zac! 

Alice and Giovanni always insist on preparing the dinners and they really are amazing chefs.  Can women be called chefs?  It just seems chef is a much nicer title than cook, so I am going to call everyone who cooks chefs, and I feel, if it isn't done so already, this should become de rigueur!

Gee the French have such marvelous expressions, did I tell you that I'm half-French?, mais oui!!!

By the way, the word of the day, is mojo.  Dictionary.com sends me the word of the day, everyday, and I  try to incorporate the daily pick word into my vocabulary,  but somedays it really is difficult.  I mean, it is not easy to slip usufruct into everyday conversation,  no matter how appropriate,  and even if you are the world's greatest deipnosophist..

5:54 am. it is time to make the coffee and do all of the other early morning rituals.

The movie, Fame,  and I am referring to the original film by Alan Parker,  is on television right now, and I am watching it as I write this blog and drink my coffee. 

I am a big movie fan, and the aforementioned Fame is a film that I never get tired of watching, there are so many moments in it that give me a chuckle!  I especially admire the young lady who, for her audition into the school,  does an impersonation of the movie The Towering Inferno.  I just love her and the movies.

It was my original idea to have a blog and write about movies, but so many people, better skilled at it than I are doing that, and nobody has a blog about the trials and tribulations of losing weight, yeah right Efrem.

Didn't I tell you my name is Efrem?  It's not my real name of course.  It was suggested to me to keep my blog anonymous, and since I was changing my name, I changed it to the always-distinguished Efrem.  But we were talking about movies, at leask I think we were.

Okay, okay, if I had to pick my all-time favourite movie, I couldn't.  There are so many excellent movies, and isolating, just one, seems to be an impossible task.  But, I could pick twenty-five of my all-time favourites, however these could change as I am a Gemini!

Today, my all-time favourite twenty-five movies are:

Gone with the Wind
The Sound of Music
The Women, 1939 version
All about Eve
Revolutionary Road
Funny Girl
Some like it Hot
The Miracle Worker
Born Yesterday, 1950 version
The Chalk Garden
An Affair to Remember
Taxi Driver
The Godfather
Bringing up Baby
The Lion in Winter
Picnic
The Trouble with Angels
The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Meet me in St. Louis
Witness
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Midnight Cowboy
Sophie's Choice
To Kill a Mockingbird
What's up Doc?

Can you see a pattern in any of the style of movie that I like because I don't.  I do see that my list is eclectic, selective, and missing, not only Fame, but Captains Courageous!

Now, I would write about these movies more in detail,  but I think my post today has said enough, and it is Saturday, which means there are many, many things that need doing,  and unless I want to be called a few names, I better go.    And I'm not trying to get out of reporting what I eat today, I'll tell you, I'll tell you, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment