Saturday, August 14, 2010

SaturBAT Day

Date:                    Saturday August 14th, 2010
Word of the Day:   premorse; pertaining to the end of something irregularly shortened, as
                              if bitten or broken  off                                                                                         
Weight:                 232 pounds
Goal:                     lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Rowing Duration:   42 minutes, 42 seconds

List of Characters (so far)

Efrem,          Creator, writer, narrator of thisthatandhim
Zac,              a doctor, with whom I live
Winter,         our dog
Louise,          my sister-in-law
Alice,            a friend
Giovanni,      a friend
Judy,             my sister
Shoshanna,    friend, future niece-in-law
Aunt Effie,     surrogate Aunt, friend
Cherry,         a friend
Mabel,          a friend
Mikey,          a new friend
Cruella,         the rowing machine

Big decision time, so pay attention.  I have made up my mind that today will be the last day that I document the list of characters in my blog.  I'm getting sick of doing it and if you can't pay attention to those that I am chatting of, well, you've got the wrong blog.                                                                                                  

In the title, I, of course, am referring to the lovely little bat that has taken residence in our screened-in patio.  I discovered it there last night,  and ever since, I have been trying to get rid of it.   I am a little afraid to do my rowing,  for fear that the bat may fly towards me while I am on Cruella.   If this happens, you will hear my scream!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before coming back to the computer to log my daily indicators, I opened the door on the screened-in patio that leads to the deck,  and while I was noting my indicators, the bat must have flown away, thank goodness, as when I went to do my time on Cruella,  the bat was gone!!!!!

Okay,  I'm getting email from some of you,  and I will have to be content with this,  as the people that have written back to me, and encouraged me,  have specified that they do not want their comments to be public.

As for the brevity of my post yesterday,  this blog is like writing in my journal/diary.  It is to keep track of my efforts to lose weight; to note the food I eat; to document how long I exercise; to log what movies I've watched recently and am fond of;  and finally, to say what is on my mind.

One more day and I weigh in again.  I have been working so hard, (yes, I know it has been for just a little over a week, but that's not the point,)  I have been watching what I eat,  and I have been praying.  I hope all of this will show a weight loss, and no matter how small it is , I will be appreciative.  As long as I am going in the right direction, I will remain positive.  Even last Sunday when the scale showed that I hadn't lost an ounce, I kept telling myself, "You haven't gained an ounce!!!!!" 

I think it is imperative to keep a positive attitude;  I know that's what got me through when I couldn't walk.  That, and my sense of humour.

Some of you know I have a bizarre sense of humour, bizarre people often do!!!!  In any case, my sense of humour has got me through some pretty tough life experiences,  and I know it is essential to my well-being.  It is part of my makeup and I wouldn't be me if I tried to be serious,  but I will say,  I do have my moments.

All through my life people have suggested to me that I should be a comedian.  I don't know,  I don't think I could do it,  it looks way too hard!!!!  And I can't do impressions,  the only person I have ever been able to sound like is Helen Keller,  see what I mean?   I would flop!

I have acted in plays, and two movies, and I find this to be alot of fun and quite exciting.   Each time I have been in a play,  and when I'm offstage waiting to go onstage, I always have asked myself, "Why do I get myself into this?" and then afterwards,  when I hear the applause,  and there is always applause, (even if the play stinks,)  I know why I chose to be in the play.  I love being loved!

You always hear actors/actresses complain about the part(s)  they didn't get, and naturally they should have, but I remember the parts that were challenging and helped ;me grow.  Occasionally, I've got to play the role wherein you couldn't  help but look good,  but those parts have been few and far between.  I did manage to play Renfield in Count Dracula  (the newspapers cited me as the one to watch,) but it will always bother me that I never got to play The Lion in The Wizard of Oz.  The director of the play, Miss Bitch, (clearly not her name) said that one of the funnier traits about the Cowardly Lion is that he was so big and ferocious,  and I was this meek little thing.  The Director did offer that I gave the best audition for the Lion, but that was no compensation for me,  I was heartbroken about not getting to play it.  See what I mean about actors complaining about what part they didn't get to play,  I am no exception.

It is just after six o'ock am. and I am trying to think of the groceries that we need to get when we go to town.  I always forget something,  even when I make a list.

I am in the process of trying to copy the movie 'Thelma and Louise' onto a dvd,  but I don't think I have left enough space on the dvd that already has 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'  on it..   Oh well,  I'll just have to do it again.  What is time?, it is only the most valuable thing I can give people and only the most valuable thing, besides my health, that I have. 

I remember once when I was dating, I was asked, "Don't you have anything for me?" and I replied "Yes, my time."  Suffice it to say that this relationship did not work out.  Most of my intimate relationships didn't succeed.

Relationships are hard and I don't care who you are, we all need people in our lives.  That doesn't mean we all get people to be our significant other and share our life, but we all want someone, unless we just happen to be a rock and/or going through a divorce

Fortunately,  I have some outstanding friends and I believe I am the luckiest man in the world.  My friends are my family and I cherish them dearly, especially Cherry.

This is not to say that I don't feel strongly and love my other friends.  I do.  It is just that Cherry and I go way back, and we both have much in common.  There is alot to be said about friendships that have endured time and remain as significant today as they were yesterday.   I like continuity and consistency;  these remain the staples of most friendships, at least for me.

Gosh, this blog has got so heavy, I need a change in theme:   My hair hurts!!!!!

Yes, I need to get a haircut, it has got so long.  I know I shouldn't complain about my thick lustrous hair, what with all the bald men,  and a few unlucky women,  that would gladly change places with me.  My hair doesn't really hurt,  I just love saying that for reaction.  I do alot of things, for reaction.  But more about that later (notice the way I segwayed into finishing today's blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment