Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday, Oh what a day

Date:                                        Saturday, August 21st, 2010
Word of the Day:                      vellicatte; to touch (a body part) lightly so as to execute the surface nerves
                                                 and cause uneasiness, laughter, or spasmodic movements
Weigfht:                                    228 pounds
Goal:                                         lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                          96 pounds
Rowing Duration:                       47 minutes 19 seconds                                                            


As you will note by the rowing duration, I had a slight setback.  I did not want to stop rowing, but, it was raining quite hard, and there was lots of thunder and lightning,  so I thought the safe thing to do was to give up the ghost and stop.  Besides, I was soaking wet from the rain,  the wind blew it on me even though I was inside the screened-in patio.    I hope I will go back later today and try again to continue with my rowing routine, but, I am not hopeful as I have lost the momentum,  forty-seven minutes is not bad,  and I am not kicking myself over this setback, perhaps I can make it up tomorrow.

Tomorrow, the big day.  I weigh in,  and I'm kind of nervous as I have been putting away more food than I normally would consume, it hasn't been bad food, but I have to remember,  and try to eat only small portions,  its just Zac's cooking is so darn good.

There are a lot of things to do today to get ready for Brian's visit.  Beds have to be made, dishes washed, new towels set out, that kind of thing.  Winter could also use a good brushing, I have been rather lazy in this area, and it is overtime that she gets a good brushing.  Winter does not mind being groomed, as at the end of the combing session, she gets a dog treat,,  and Winter is absolutely crazy for these cookies.

Gee nothing is going right for me today.    I set up my dvd recorder to tape a movie entitled 'Summertime' starring the one and only Miss Katharine Hepburn.  I have been waiting for this movie to come back to the Turner Classic Movie (TCM) channel for some time, and what happens?, the recorder forgets to come on when the movie started,  and then decides half-way through the movie to turn on.  Yes, I set it up properly, perhaps the storm had something to do with the delay of the recording,  I don't know, but, I guess I will have to wait for another time to have this movie part of my collection.  I suppose I could always buy Summertime, I do like to have original copies.

I saw a preview of a movie that I have never seen,  and would like to watch,  it is an Otto Preminger film and is called 'Anatomy of a Murder.'   Have any of you ever seen it?

Zac keeps after me to talk more about movies,  he feels that is my specialty.   Zac also believes I have insight to many films, I don't think I I do, but I really enjoy watching and collecting movies.

In a way, movies saved me from becoming a total wreck of a human being.   I used to go to the movies alot,  and would imagine myself becoming a movie star.  I liked the idea of being someone else,  and getting to visit so many exciting places,  not to mention having an exciting life.  Anything would have been better than the life I was living.  My life was anything but exciting, I think turbulent best describes my life as a child, but that is not what we are here to discuss,  today I'm talking movie.

If you check the list of my favourite twenty-five movies, you will find the film 'All About Eve.'  I do not have an all-time favourite movie, but 'All About Eve' comes very close to taking the prize.  Actually, the year it played, which is 1950, 'All About Eve,' took the major Academy Awards, and deservingly so

'All About Eve' stars Bette Davis, who just happens to be one of my favourite actresses, Anne Baxter, not a favourite,  because she played Eve so well that I don't trust her, and in a very memorable cameo, the luscious, amazing actress, Miss Marilyn Monroe.  If the part had been larger, Marilyn would have walked off with the movie, which she nearly does anyway

'All About Eve' is a movie about an aging actress named Margo Channing  (Bette Davis,) and a young actress named Eve Harrington (Anne Baxter) who insinuates herself into the life and lives of people associated with Margo Channing, isn't that a great name?

'All About Eve' was directed by Mr. Joseph L Mankiewicz whose Grand Nephew, Ben, shares the hosting on TCM.  I could go on, and on, about this movie, but why not read about it in Wikipedia, which does a much better job than I, or better still, watch the movie.

Well since the rowing did not work so well in this early am., to keep busy, I did the dishes,  and put on a laundry.  I couldn't write my blog early in today's  am., as I guess the creative juices get stirred up by the rowing process,  and since I only did that small-time this morning,  it too was a bust, and ta-ta, ta-ta, ta-ta, as my friend Carmen had a habit of saying.

If at first you don't succeed, give up, no, try, try, again.  I wasn't able to do two hours, when I got back on Cruella at seven am., but I did manage rowing for an additional 75 minutes, so including the 47 minutes from my earlier rowing attempt at three o'clock am.,  my workout total time was just over the two hour mark, which gave me a healthy workout, alas,  I would have preferred doing it all at once,  but that's the way the ball bounces.

Okay, I keep losing my internet connection and this is really frustrating and annoying me.  I believe this is a sign, we are always sent signs on practically everrthing that goes on in our lives, and I think I better log off before I lose everything, not just this post.

Topics coming soon:

Maureen Beckett, also known as (aka) The Walmart Woman
Last of the red hot meat eaters, this title seems promising
Elvis Presley, The man, the myth, the legend

These topics seem varied and I, like you, can't wait to see where they lead, so until tomorrow (gee, that sounds like a good way to end, I think I shall!)

No comments:

Post a Comment