Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tough it out on Tuesday

Date:                                         Tuesday, November 17th. 2010
Word of the Day:                       gest (JEST); a notable deed or exploit
Weight:                                      206 pounds
Goal:                                         lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                         74 pounds
Waist Size:                               45 inches
Rowing Duration:                     CC not put together yet


Finally got to Florida, and you're right, it is a long drive, and tough to do in one sitting, but oh so worth it, just before we  left the state of Georgia, it got bright, sunny, and eighty degrees.  We got to our house (the rented one,) about four o'clock pm. and as soon as we all got unpacked, it was off to my brother Biff's house, where we all were greeted with open arms, and yes, I did get a little misty-eyed.

One thing about the drive, we had quite a slowdown in Kentucky as the fog over the mountains, lasted for two hours, it really is disturbing to note all of the cars that do not slow down with this road condition, maybe those drivers are on that highway all of the time, but I think one should always exercise caution when one can't see.  And then in Georgia, it was raining quite a thunderstorm, once again, cars were not affected, they just sped along as if it was a regular day, but the rain did delay  us somewhat, and we arrived in Gainesville, Florida, safe and sound.

It really is astonishing to note that all three of my kids, Sally, Jessie, and Raphael have had growth spurts and the eldest of the three, that would be Sally, well, Sally is no longer a little girl, one can easily see that Sally is turning into a young woman, and while I'm happy for her, this must be quite exciting for her, I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the little girl, I guess I have no choice about this happening.

Winter had a heck of a reunion and was talking to the kids, who gave Winter quite a welcome, that really was touching to see, those children love Winter so very much.

The Way We Were people, remember that huge box-office hit, well, they're together again, yup, Robert Redford and Barbra Streisand will be interviewed today by the one and pnly Oprah, it looks like it is going to be a great show, so make sure you tune in. 

People, I'm still a little discombobulated from the trip yesterday, so I'm cutting the post short today.

I should have lots to say tomorrow, oh one thing, I did meet Cruella's Child yesterday and CC looks like she is going to give me quite a
workout.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment