Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sinful Sexual Saturday

Date:                                       Saturday, November 27th, 2010
Word of the Day:                    bonanza(buh\NAN\za); a source of sudden and great wealth or luck
Weight:                                   206 pounds
Goal:                                      lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                       74 pounds
Waist Size:                             44 inches
Rowing Duration:                   112 minutes, forty-two (42) seconds

As you can tell by my rowing duration, I have really been giving my all when I'm on CC, I figure that I'm there, why not do the best I can, after all, I've not even reached my half-way goal, I'm getting to it, but like I said, I'm still not half-way there, but I will be one day!

For those of you keeping track and/or for those of you who are interested, my left foot is healing and I'm happy to report that it is now just the toes on my foot that are still purple, the rest of my foot is healing well, it does have a reddishness to it but you can definetly see a marked improvance, see this life is really pretty good, its all how you look at things.

Okay, sports fans are you ready?  My latest drink of choice is pineapple juice.  Yup, the Hawaiian drink has grabbed a hold of me and I'm drinking it like there's no tomorrow, so "Hawaiian Choice" if you're still out there, I can do one of those "I really love and drink this stuff" commercials, that is, if you want me, and who wouldn't want me, watch it Lily, its still early!

Well we all managed to get out on "Black Friday" and as in everything, we learned our lessons.  The big lesson that we learned is that if you are buying an electronic, it is imperative that you get to the stores as early as they open.

Electronics are the big ticket items and they not only sell out fast, but they produce the largest lineups with what always seems like the least amount of staff to serve you, regardless, we, and by we I mean Zac, Zac was not up early enough, for electronics.

Actually, I was up early enough to shop but I still had to wait in line as well, I only waited for about forty-five minutes, which wasn't too horrible.  Zac, in his perseverance to get a new Global Positioning Satellite (GPS,)  (after all, the one we currently owned was four years old and the new ones can do so much more.) ended up waiting in line for over two hours, but he got what he wanted and isn't that the important thing.

After Zac got the new GPS, he drove us over to Oaks Mall where Sally and I continued with our shopping and then Zac drove home to attend to the stock market. 

Sally and I went to all the stores that were on her list and we even managed to go to a couple of stores that I wanted to patronage, overall I didn't spend as much money as I brought, so I guess that says something, I'm just not sure what it means when it says this something.

Louise, my sister-in-law, and Sally's Mother, met up with us at the mall towards lunchtime and whilst Sally and I dined with food from "Chick-Fill-A," Louise got a sub from "Subway."  After lunch we managed to find a Christmas dress for Sally's holiday affairs and we were all pleased with Sally's choice, it truly is a beautiful dress, its just too bad that it will only get worn a couple of times.

I would like to acknowledge my niece and Goddaughter Sally, Sally behaved extremely well while we were (good alliteration,) out doing our shopping.  Sally is only twelve (12) years old but is very lady-like and will act like an adult when you treat her like an adult.  Of course, there were still shades of the little girl that are still inside her, shades, that I'm happy to report are still there (I really can't believe how fast she is growing up; I hate it!,) such as, when I asked her to leave me alone so I could find a gift for her, Sally secretly hung around hoping to catch a glimpse of what I was buying, she denied this of course, but I saw her, and to tell you the truth, it brought a huge smile to my face and to the salesgirl helping me.

I know I talk about them alot, but I really can't help it; I think my kids are so great and I'm so grateful to Biff and Louise (brother and sister-in-law,) for letting Zac, Winter and I share in their lives, being around those children really does add such quality and enhancement to our lives and I know they, the kids, love having us around, the little one, Jessie, is so attached to Winter that I sometimes wish we could leave her with them, but then I would go crazy without our beloved dog and companion, or should I say crazier?


I guess, since we already talked around it, I should just proclaim that there are now only twenty-eight (28) days until Christmas, doesn't this holiday seem to come around faster each year, I think it does and so does my bank.
A Danish Christmas tree illuminated with burni...

Okay, are you all ready for a change in subject and some pretty terrifying news:  LIONS!, TIGERS!, AND FLYING SNAKES! OH NO!!!!!  hehe slithering snakes can be scary enough, agreed, but add the ability to fly to the equation and you have got one potentially terrifying creature.  Snakes of the genus Chrysopelea, found in South and Southeast Asia, use a technique known as gliding flight to "fly" from one high point to another.  I, in case you don't know, suffer from ophidiaphobia (fear of snakes) so you can imagine how scary I find the thought of flying snakes.

A new study in which the snakes were filmed leaping from one five-story tower to another tower several dozen yards away,  has shown how they angle, position, and undulate themselves during a glide to reduce fall speed and achieve optimal lift, I only mention this stuff because why should I be the only one having disturbing dreams at night.  As you can tell, I'm really in the Christmas mood.  I am.

You're a good man Charlie Brown, and so are you Charles M. Schulz who was the creator of the enormously popular syndicated comic strip Peanuts, which ran continuously from 1950 until 2000, when Schulz announced its end shortly before his death.  Today would have been Mr. Schulz's birthday, I'm saluting him because I loved all of the characters associated with Charlie Brown.  The strip's principal characters include Charlie Brown, a gentle, puzzled boy, usually failing, (this is where Charlie and I differ,) yet always persevering (like me); Lucy, his bossy, know-it-all friend; Linus (a part in the play that I always got stuck playing; its a good part but its not the lead, the lead is on every page!,) a philosophical tyke with a security blanket; and Snoopy a romatic, self-deluded beagle, who got to sing the best song in the musical from "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" that being "Supper Time" I love that song and I can sing it well!

Well, our special time has gone by already and I'm going to let you get on with your lives.   I know you and I have so much to do but it is essential that you find some time to be with yourself and meditate on your life, how fortunate you are, all the blessings you have and all the blessings you give, I talk to alot of you regularly and I'm so happy that you are in my life, gosh, I'm such a lucky man, I really believe that I'm the luckiest man in the world!  I really am!

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment