Saturday, November 6, 2010

Slithering Saturday

Date:                                       Saturday, November 6th, 2010
Word of the Day:                     brumal(BROO\muhl); of winter
Weight:                                   209 pounds
Goal:                                       lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                        77 pounds
Waist Size:                              45 inches
Rowing Duration:                    99 minutes, 14 seconds

BEIJING - DECEMBER 12:  Chinese shoppers walk ...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
The clocks go back one hour tonight, please remember to change your clocks, I guess if you should forget and show up at some venue one hour early, it wouldn't be that bad, but an extra hour's sleep is nice to get once in awhile, don't you think?

Judy and I went to a shopping mall yesterday to do some shopping, obviously, and if you live in Toronto, there is only one mall to go to do your shopping, so I know I don't have to say its name, surprisingly, it wasn't as busy as I've seen it,  nor was it as busy as I thought it was going to be when Christmas is just one and a half months away.  Regardless, it worked out for Judy and I.

Judy needed new stockings, so that was quite easy to purchase.   I also bought some more Christmas cards, the one I chose was this one that had a dog on its cover, and the dog was covered in Christmas decorations, I don't know, I guess the expression on the dog's face got to me, so I bought them.


I visited a men's clothing store called "Stars,"  I must confess that this store called out to me, and in the shop I bought two sweaters, one pull-over and one cardigan.  The pull-over is a little wild, like me, it has some wavy vertical lines on it,  in different shades of blue, including periwinkle, which I absolutely cannot resist,  and the cardigan was smokey grey with diamond patterns on it, I fell in love with the cardigan,  and had to have it no matter the cost, fortunately, for me, it was my lucky day as both sweaters were on sale.BEIJING - DECEMBER 12:  A general view of Chri...Image by Getty Images via @daylife



I bought some skin creams at "Shoppers Drug Mart,"  as well as other staples, including new razors and deodarant, and at "Blacks,"  I managed to put in a print that I am having reproduced and blown up, I can't say what it is a picture of as I am giving it as a Christmas gift, and that's all I'm going to say about that Louise.  I bought some more blank digital video device (dvds) for recording television and movies, as well as envelopes and lined paper at "Staples," but I forgot to get some "Sharpies" which I need so I will probably go back.

After Judy and I were finished shopping, we went for refreshments at "Tim Hortons," but we didn't stay there, we took our stuff with us on the road.

The last stop I made was at the "Royal Bank," wherein I bought some American money, fortunately the dollar was almost at par so it didn't cost me too much to buy the money.   Now watch people, next week the Canadian dollar will be worth even more, but even if it does go up, I think I got a good deal, so I won't kvetch, too much!!

When we got home, I thought I would have some time to relax, but Zac informed me that his passport was almost at its expiration, so I checked mine and sure enough, my passport too needed updating.  After locating the application online, by the way, if you already have a valid passport, you can get just fill out the "renewal" application.  The process for renewing your passport is much simpler than if you were just starting out with no passport; there is no getting signatures from your doctor, etc., but you do have to have the names, addresses, and phone numbers of two references, I used my best friends, Cherry and Lily, aren't they two lovely names?

After completing the application online, I had a heck of a time getting the application printed, my computer was a little ornary yesterday, Zac and I left for the Government offices to renew our passports.  As you can imagine, the office was a little busy, I mean, we are talking about a Government office, late afternoon on a Friday, hehe.   Government workers work better than their reputation, and we not only managed to endure the crowd,  but after paying an extra fee to have the passports rushed so that they could be ready by next Friday, yes folks, I will be leaving soon, our task was done and we were told that we could pick up our passports next Friday, just in the nick of time.

I'm hoping that one of you loyal readers will remind me to research the expression "in the nick of time," , please and thank you.

By the way, my loyal readers, Winter, Zac, and I will be leaving next Sunday evening for Gainesville, Florida, and it will take us a full day of driving to arrive at our destination.   In all likelihood, I will not be able to post on the following Monday, I know I share your regret, and understand your disappointment.  I will try to find a way to make it up to you, maybe I'll put a picture of myself on one of my posts so you can have a new target for your dartboard, hehe.

Last night, Zac, Judy, Winter and I watched the movie "Coma," starring Canada's own "Miss Genevieve Bujold," and the now sickly "Mr. Michael Douglas," in one of his very first movies.   I think the movie "Coma," is excellent,  which by the way I originally saw at the University theatre"Coma" is slick, stylish, and very entertaining, and my goodness, wasn't/isn't Miss Bujold beautiful?, gosh, French women, I guess that's why they came up with that expression, va va voom!

I must say I make good coffee, guess what I'm doing people?Toronto Eaton Centre on Boxing Day

Okay, people, I've been putting it off, ever since I started writing today's post, I have a confession to make.  Yesterday, prior to the refreshments at "Tim Hortons," I had a medium order of poutine, I think that is how you spell it, regardless, poutine is a combination of gravy and fresh cheese curds on your french fries and it is absolutely sinful, I love it!   I recommend getting poutine at "New York Fries," but I have heard that "Harveys" does a great poutine as well, but if you are trying to lose weight, as am I, poutine is not the way to diet!!!!! (Naturally, my weigh-in day is tomorrow; I don't know why I constantly sabotage myself?, I must give that some serious thought, hmmm.)

Clearly, the stars are on a "Rogers" mission, because today is/was the birthday of Mr. Roy RogersMr. Rogers was a former fruit picker and cowboy, the guitar-strumming Rogers, who was born Leonard Franklin Slye, began his musical career in the 1930s as a radio performer.   Roy Rogers later founded the "Sons of the Pioneers" a singing trio that began appearing in movies in 1935, and soon succeeded Gene Autry as America's favourite singing cowboy in movies of the mid-`1940s.  Roy Rogers acted in dozens of B movies with his wife, Dale Evans, and his famous horse "Trigger."

I love doing research, and one of the interesting things I read on Mr. Rogers, was that prior to his marriage to Ms. EvansRoy Rogers was married to Lucille Ascolese.   They were only married three years, but some reports say they had five children, of which I can only say, they couldn't have been that unhappy with each other!!!!!!! 

There are only 49 days left until Christmas, and on that note, I'll let you get on with your weekend, and I'll get busy with mine.   Make today count people, and do something nice for someone else, if nothing else it is good karma.

Topics coming soon:

Anorexia
Art
Politics
























Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment