Friday, November 26, 2010

Fun Friday

Date:                                       Friday, November 26th, 2010
Word of the Day:                    consanguineous(kon\san\(g) (GWIN)ee\us); of the same blood; related by birth; descended from the same parent or ancestor

Weight:                                   206 pounds
Walt Disney Television Animation

Goal:                                      lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                       74 pounds
Waist Size:                             44 inches
Rowing Duration:                   102 minutes, ten (10) seconds

I love today's word of the same day, I think it has a special something with lots of nobility to it; I love words that have nobility.

Yesterday was wonderful, and being frank I have to tell you, I looked great!  It's true, and I see no sense in having false modesty.   I made the effort to look great and it paid off,  but I did suffer for my beauty let me tell you, the day was bloody hot!


US postage stamp of 1968 depicting Walt Disney
I wore grey flannel pants, with a blue and white jumper (sweater).  My hair worked out, sometimes that part gives me trouble, today it didn't, my skin had a special glow, thanks to years of moisturizing it, I really have a healthy look to my face.  I had on Dolce and Gabanna colongne which is one of my favourite scents; nobody complained about the smell so I guess I got away with wearing it; there are so many places that frown upon people wearing perfumes these days.

Prior to going to dinner at my sister-in-law- Louise's house, I took my kids, Sally, Jessie and Raphael to see the Walt Disney movie "Tangled," I believe I can safely say that we all loved it.  I did have a scare towards to the end of the movie however.

I thought I had put in an envelope that contained quite alot of cash into my pants pocket, and then towards the end of the movie, I felt inside my pocket for the cash and couldn't find it, what a huge and scary thought.  I know there are alot of you out there probably wondering why don't I have travellers cheques and I will address that in a moment; the other thing you may be questioning is why was I carrying around a large amount of cash.

First, I was carrying around a lot of cash because I did not feel comfortable leaving the money inside the house when I was not going to be in the house, I'm funny that way.  I don't have travellers cheques and this is going to seem like a flimsy reason but its true.  Down here in Gainesville, Florida both Zac and  I have experienced alot of difficulty in cashing travellers cheques. 

The banks at home will tell you that Travellers Cheques are treated like cash, not true in Gainesville.  Any and all of the times that we tried to use the cheques was an exercise in frustration and upset.

First, it not only takes alot of time to explain to people what they are; I know its amazing in this day and age that some sales people can be clueless about Travellers Cheques, nonetheless its a fact, they are, second,  we always have to produce at least two pieces of identification and one of the identification always has had to be photo identification and sometimes that wasn't/isn't  enough.

I remember being awfully embarrassed at Toys R Us when they refused to accept our Travellers Cheques.  Louise looked embarrassed as well and she has to live in this town you know.  Nowadays, Zac and I carry cash not always, on our person, actually the cash is hardly ever on ourselves, yesterday just happened to be an aberration and a mistake.  Oh, what happened with the money?, didn't I tell you, I had put my money in another pair of pants which is typical of me so that little story, as well as the movie "Tangled" had a happy ending.

I don't know how your dinner turned out yesterday, but my sister-in-law, Louise, should hold her head high.  Louise put on quite a banquet yesterday, true she had some help from her mother, and I applaude Dina Spring's efforts, her pies are the best in the world, especially the pumpkin, ummm., but most of the credit for the feast that we all took part in, well that credit goes to Louise, she outdid herself. 

Louise, however, credits the wine I brought, and I have to admit that after Louise had a few sips of the bubbly, a few for sure, well you would never know that my sister-in-law had just organized a dinner for fourteen people and one very hungry dog.  By the way, Winter would also like to thank Louise for that moist turkey, I swear I've never had turkey as moist.  It really must have been the wine!

Besides turkey, there were plenty of vegetables and as many of you know, eating fruits and vegetables has long been associated with reduced risk of health problems such as cancer and heart disease, and researchers now say that consuming orange and dark green vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans could lower one's risk of disease and death.  So hats off (again) Louise for serving two out of these three vegetables, were all the healthier because of your excellent choices.

Researchers also attribute that consuming orange and dark green vegetables, attribute the reduced risk at least in part, to alpha-carotene, a carotenoid antioxidant believed to promote health by counteracting oxygen-related damage to DNA.  In a recent study, individuals with the highest amounts of alpha-carotene in their blood had up to a thirty-nine (39) percent lower risk of dying than those with only trace amounts, so eat all of the vegetables listed above and smile while your doing it because your body is smiling, was that too corny?

I had a great workout today, I thought I should try to give a little extra after all of that food I ate, and I'm now feeling less guilty about all of the calories I consumed, oh well, today certainly is another day.

What a day today is, did you know that there are now only twenty-nine (29) days until Christmas, that is less than a month folks, yup my good friend St. Nick is calling, but not toay.  Because today is Black Friday! 

Yes sports fans everywhere, today I'm hitting the streets, I'm warning you don't get in my way because when I see something I like, I'm ruthless!  But first I'm going to shower and change, have a cup of coffee, grab my niece Sally and then out the door were-a-going!  Look out world, I've got some money to spend and Sally is here to help me.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment