Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trust Tuesday

 

Date:                                        Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010
Word of the Day:                     enspirit(en\SPIR\it); to infuse life into; enliven
Weight:                                     206 pounds
Goal:                                         lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                         74 pounds
Waist Size:                                44 inches
Rowing Duration:                     93 minutes, thirty-one (31) seconds

There are now only thirty-two (32) to the big fat jolly one, not me, okay, I'll say it more specifically and accurately, there are now thirty-two days until Christmas.    I'll be opening up presents on Chrismas Eve, because that is the tradition in my sister-in-law, Louise's house.  I guess I could hold onto the presents we will be giving the children until Christmas Day, but I think it is best to let them open up all of their presents at once, we'll see
 
Designing Women
I experienced a rush of endorphins while I was on CC this morning, really, towards the end of my workout session I had a rush of heightened feelings that I believe were endorphins, how about that?

I have a complaint regarding the television programming down here, I really don't like it.  Before I left Canada, TVLAND had daily started running episodes of :  Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, Murphy Brown and Designing Women and I got into the habit of watching these classic television comedies, well, now I'm out of the habit because these great comedies are not shown down here.  I'm hoping that someone in charge of television programming down here in Gainesville, Florida might see my blog and decide to change it's daily lineup but I seriously doubt it.

The weather again today is uncomparable again in giving us the nicest glorious and warm days reminiscent of our summer, how lucky I am.

It is horrific news again now that North Korea has opened fire on South Korea, I don't know what they're fighting about but any war I feel is completely unjustified and I hope that the war is soon over.  The other big news is that there will be a Royal Wedding, April 29th at Westminster Abbey, yes Prince William and Kate Middleton are saying their "I do's" in Springtime, how lovely, I'm so happy for everyone concerned.

I have been doing some research on sleep (sleeping) because my sleep has been greatly changed since I am down here in the land of the SouthI am only sleeping, at best, four (4) hours a night, which isn't nearly enough.

I do not use the bedroom as an office and I leave my laptop in the living room to avoid temptation, I try not to nap during the day, this is awfully difficult when one doesn't sleep well at night.   I exercise in the day so that my body is not racing at night, in fact, as you all know, I have a healthy regular exercise routine which is supposed to aid in helping one sleep, I also avoid spicy food all of the time but I also make sure that I do not use sugar or caffeine four hours prior to going to bed, I think I'm going to try and meditate again, I signed up to the Transcdental Meditation (TM) Program back in 1981 but I stopped doing it, alas, since sleep is so important, I'm going to try the TM again.  I'll keep you posted on my progress, or lack therof, of my sleep.

Today would have been the birthday of one of my horror idols, Mr. Boris Karloff.  London native William Henry Pratt adopted the stage name Boris Karloff while touring as an actor in Canada.  After settling in Hollywood in 1919, Mr. Karloff began acting in silent films and achieved stardom playing the monster in Frankenstein (1931).  Thereafter, typecast as a horror movie villain, Karloff went on to appear in more than 100 films.  Boris Karloff's most famous television performance was in the 1966 animated special "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," in which he voiced the voice of "The Grinch!" bet you didn't remembr that, or did you?

I don't have much on my plate today so I'm thinking of going out to the airport to get a patdown.  I don't have a flight anywhere, I just want the patdown!!!!, its been a long time you know.

Anyway, that's it for me, I want to watch the news to stay informed about what's going on in Korea, I hope all of you have a great day.
Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment