Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday Salute, back to normal

Date:                                       Sunday, December 26th, 2010
Word of the Day:                   nadir(NEY\der); the lowest or deepest point                  
Weight:                                  206 pounds
Goal:                                      lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                      74 pounds
Waist Size:                             41 inches
Rowing Duration:                 108 minutes, ten (10) seconds

BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 26:  Bargain hu...Image by Getty Images via @daylife


Well, were back to a regular day, at least down here, (they don't celebrate Boxing Day,) and things can resume normally as they should, however, before we leave the subject of Christmas Day for this year, I want to tell you about my Christmas.

I got up as early as I normally do yesterday, and I then completed my rowing on CC, as I did today, after the exercise, I went to the men's room and got myself all cleaned up,  and ready to go to my brother Biff's house as we were expected there to complete opening up Christmas stockings,  and have a Christmas breakfast.

Unfortunately, I, getting dressed took alot more time than any of us expected, (especially me,) as the depomedrol was working its side effects on my entire body, and I had quite alot of difficulty getting a pair of pants on.   Of the three pairs of pants that I tried to get on, none of them fit, as my stomach was much too swollen to get the pants over the rim,  and, I ended up having to wear a pair of my shorts.  Thank goodness that we're in Florida and that it is very normal for one to wear shorts!

I was ultra disappointed that I had to wear shorts because I especially wanted to look nice on Christmas Day, and I didn't look bad, I just didn't look as nice as I could have if  I had been successful in getting a pair of dress pants on, oh well there's always next year!
By the time I got  my shorts on, I felt like I needed another ;new shower as I had worked up quite a sweat and perspiration was falling off my entire body.   I really didn't have time to take another shower so I gave myself a quick stand-up shpwer and shortly afer, I was ready to leave.


Naturally, when we arrived at Biff's house, breakfast had been served and was finished, Louise did very kindly leave the breakfast food out for us to eat , which was nice of her since we arrived were so late, and now people were going on with their day.


Louise, had gone back to bed to catch up on so much needed sleep, and the children were busy playing with their new toys, and electronics and my brother Biff was busy trying to put together some of the toys that require an engineer's degree.


We left Biff's house to go back to our place to pick up the wines and pies that we were going to bring to my brother's in-laws, which is where we were going to have Christmas Dinner, in addition, we had to drop Winter off at our house as she was not able to go to the "in-laws" as there was a dog already there, and people were afraid that the two of them would not get along, it was okay, we brought home Winter some turkey and ham, but both Zac and I did miss her terribly.

Good news, although not great news, I can even use my own computer now because Zac arranged for me to have a virtual keyboard???(don't ask me how,) so at least now I can get out my posts to you iby using my own computer and not have to rely on using Zac's computer. 


Well, my computer certainly does have the virtual keyboard, but the computer certainly does not work like normal, far from it.  What I have to do to write my blog, or anything for that matter, is key in my script as usual, and when the time comes for me to use a key that had been damaged from the drink being spilled into the keyboard,  I stop the computer, and, I, then have to pop up the virtual keyboard, and choose the damaged key to go into my script, apply the key, and then continue on my merry way, except it isn't too merry!!!

Using the virtual keyboard is very time consuming,  you start typing, stop, pop up the virtual keyboard, continue typing until finished, however, it does make things possible for me to work, and I guess that is what is most important, so thank you Zac for fixing the virtual keyboard for me.

However, because things take so long to do, I will not feel too encouraged to write at length, and as a result,  until I arrange with Dell to get a new keyboard, the posts are in all likelihood going to be short, and may not be published until late in the day, so please remember that fact.

So, did you overeat yesterday?  You read how difficult it was for me to get dressed, but what do I do anyway when dinner is served?, I eat like its going out of style.  The food that Dina Spring served for Christmas Dinner was amazing, Louise had helped her with bringing a couple of delicious dishes and I ate: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, a corn souffle which was my favourite dish, green beans, a roll and one glass of Zinfandel, I ate way too much food, but it was all delicious and I want to thank all of those responsible for putting on one of the best Christmas diinners that I ever had in my life.

I hope you all have a good day, and if you are going out to some of the Boxing Day sales, good luck to you.

Topics coming on:

Art
Politics
Technology

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment