Monday, December 13, 2010

Mittens on Monday

Date:                                       Monday, December 13th, 2010
Word of the Day:                    gallivant(GALL\uh\vant); to wander about, seeking pleaure or diversion; gad

A Danish Christmas tree illuminated with burni...Weight:                                   206 pounds
Pounds to lose:                       74 pounds
Waist Size:                             43 inches
Rowing Duration:                    71 minutes, six (6) minutes, five seconds

Clearly, you can tell that I had difficulty spending time on CC today, I had a headache and couldn't get into it, oh well, an hour and a bit is better than nothing, not much, but better.

I know that you're going to think that I am just a biased Uncle, and maybe to some degree, you are right, however, my kids, and I'm talking all three (3) of them, Sally, Jessie and Raphael were excellent in the church play on Sunday.


Jessie and Raphael both had alot of lines and Zac and I both were impressed with the fact that the children did not let their parts overwhelm them, they both read their lines well.  Sally also read well, but she is twelve (12) years old, she has been around awhile!

Raphael, if he would like to be an actor one day, could do just that as he really got into his part of the "donkey" and at times he had all of us laughing out loud.  Jessie, at six years of age was amazing, and you just have to believe me on that, while our wonderful Sally seemed relaxed and had a good time on stage which was most enjoyable for the rest of us watching.   And Louise, yes, an extra bonus was hearing Louise sing; she has a very lovely voice, what a nice surprise finding that out!

Evidently, the play is a traditional Christmas play put on by many churches for many, many years, but I found the script fresh, funny and tender and I was very, very impressed with the entire production, good job kids, I tell you, you all were amazing! 

Okay people, for the first time since we have been in Gainesville, Florida, Zac and I both looked at a house that both of us would not mind owning.  The house was a four-bedroom, bright, sunny home and the only drawback, besides the one pink-counter bathroom, was that the swimming pool was a little on the small side, but, ironically, this is not a deal-breaker for us, enough of the other boxes that we wanted ticked got checked!  So, we shall see what we are going to see.    

There are now only twelve (12) days left until Christmas Day and yes, I am now singing "The Twelve Days of Christmas," and I am trying to acquire a partridge in a pear tree, this is not easy, "PetSmart" does not carry partridges, and they looked at me like I was missing a thing or three!      

Oh to have the gift of seeing in the future, (something that I'm very grateful that I can't do,) would Bernard Madoff do things differently,  it is so sad to hear that Bernie Madoff's own son has fallen victim to Mr. Madoff's unquestionable greed.  I don't know if you know this but Mark Madoff committed suicide on the weekend, this marks the third death that is outright due to the actions of Bernard Madoff, and I hope Mr. Madoff remembers each death, each day, for the rest of his life. 

There is now just eight (8) days until it is officially Winter and the days will start to get longer, I always feel alot better when I know the days are just that bit longer each and every day.  I don't mind Winter, I just hate the cold, and it's not even the cold I hate, it's the "cold wind," yes, the wind is what kills me in Wintertime.

Cold weather can bring with it tons of fun.  The winter sports, the holiday season, ski trips and cuddle sessions near cozy fires all begin as the weather drops.   Unfortunately, cold weather can also bring with it flu season, sore throats, pneumonia and the common cold.  To avoid getting sick, I'm going to give you the advice that Zac has given me repeatedly over the years:  stay hydrated and wash your hands often!

Well, that's it for now, it is important that you live your day and I'm going to go now and live mine, have a good one and make it count.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment