Sunday, December 5, 2010

Salivating on Sunday

Date:                                        Sunday, December 5th, 2010
Word of the Day:                    scurf(SKURF); the scales or small shreds of epidermis that are continually exfoliated from the skin; any scaly matter or incrustation on a surface

Weight:                                   206 pounds
Goal:                                       lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                       74 pounds
Waist Size:                              43 inches
Rowing Duration:                    62 minutes, twelve (12) seconds
Ambition:                                to be shy

Wasn't yesterday just one peach of a day?  It was so warm and sunny here that I just wanted to take the day in my arms and never let it go, if you will excuse my pretty sloppy attempts at being literary.

It's always something, especially with me.  I seem to have contacted some kind of flu virus.  I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon, and all night, throwing up.  Fortunately for me, Zac is very good at taking care of sick people.  In addition, I now have a rather large ulcer on my tongue (I hate getting them there; they are extremely painful,) which Zac has recommended that I gargle with salt water every couple of hours.

We did meet my brother's family (most of them; Biff and Sally were absent,) for breakfast at the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) yesterday,  and I think we all really enjoyed the breakfast, I know I certainly did.  I not only had bacon and eggs, with hash browns and rye toast, but there were also two large buttermilk pancakes for me to add to my already large belly, oh well, I did do an extra long workout on CC, but I really have to learn to eat less, its just so unnecessary to eat as much as I did, shame on me!

DRESDEN, GERMANY - NOVEMBER 26:  A giant Chris...After breakfast at the IHOP, Jessie and Raphael came back to our house as they wanted to hang with us for a bit, Jessie, in particular, wanted to play with Winter,  and let me tell you, Winter got one heck of a playdate!  Raphael played with Winter as well,  but he was more interested in playing with the WI computer gaming system which is used with the televsion.  Boy, is he ever good at it; for the record, I suck at it!


We went to PETCO to pickup some things for Winter, and this was our first time visiting this pet store.  Raphael and Jessie wanted to get a gift to give to Winter for Christmas, very thoughtful of them, Jessie picked out a rubber chicken that clucks and Raphael picked out a squeaking rubber dog.  Winter knew we bought them and she doesn't want to wait until December 25th to play with them, alas, Winter too must follow the rules!

Zac and I picked out a brand new bed for Winter as her current one has been damaged big time, we also got a flea collar as we have noticed Winter scratching from time to time and last but not least, we finally got Winter an effective seat belt.

In the past, we have purchased a few seatbelts and they were all so totally useless, naturally you don't find this out until after you have paid for the seatbelt and have taken it home and unwrapped it; none of the seatbelts have done the job a seatbelt should do, and we would be absolutely devastated if we were to lose Winter in a car accident because she wasn't wearing a seat belt, I am still suffering the pains of Princess Diana, Winter is not going to die the same way, no way buddy!

The new seatbelt we purchased yesterday is very unlike the previous ones we have tried out so we are cautiously optimistic.  Winter has already tried it out for little errands that we did around Gainesville yesterday, but the real test will be when Winter wears it for a very long travel, such as when we go back home to Canada, oh my goodness, not already.

Yes, you read correctly, there are now only twenty (20) days until Christmas Day, twenty days for you to buy a larger pant size because all of your current pants are not going to be able to hold all of the weight from the goodies that you are going to eat over the holidays, just accept it.

I hope you won't be too disappointed, but because of my illness, I am cutting today's post short.

You take care, as well.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment