Friday, December 3, 2010

Fabulous Fridays Forever

Date:                                        Friday, December 3rd, 2010
Word of the Day:                      tristful(TRIST\fuhl); full of saddness; sorrowful
Weight:                                    206 pounds
Goal:                                        lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                         74 pounds
Waist Size:                               43 inches
Rowing Duration:                     one hour, fifty-seven (57) minutes, eight (8) seconds
                                                           

A Danish Christmas tree illuminated with burni...
Fabulous Friday Finally, I told you, you could do it and I was right! You made it to what I feel is the best day of the weekend; it is just the beginning of the weekend, there is over forty-eight (48) hours left to do as you please before it all begins all over again, and if you were smart, you did your grocery shopping last night, so you don't even have to go out and get the groceries!  However, should you have been busy and didn't attend to the groceries last night, why not do them now and get them over with, that's the advice I always give my kids about any,  and all chores, do it now!, sometimes I'm successful with this advice, sometimes I'm not!

HO! HO! HO! Hear ye, Hear ye, there are now only twenty-three (23) days until Christmas, and I am almost apoplectic with anticipation.  Yes, when it comes down to Santa Claus Day, I am the biggest child.   I will have difficulty sleeping on Christmas Eve, I will be the first one up, and I'll be the first one to open up all of his presents, yes folks, I am just an adult incognito, at Christmas, call me Peter Pan because I am very child-like and like Pete, I have no intention of growing up, so now you know, I am really just ten years old! Had you fooled, didn't I?  No, I know I couldn't fool you Marta, you're much too smart!


My goodness, things have really cooled off down here in Gainesville, Florida.  Yesterday, the day was bright and sunny, alas, the temperature was just about sixty-five degrees, which is not horrible by Canadian standards, but for down here, schucks, I'm still happy.


We took Sarah-Jane to the Orlando International Airport yesterday so right now, Sarah-Jane is back  enjoying her home life in beautiful, colder than Florida, Canada! 

I learned something about myself from Sarah-Jane's visit and that is I don't have much patience with people who don't have or use manners; I feel manners are extremely important, not that difficult to do,and when someone is asking something of me, chances are I will do what is being asked 100 percent of the time if I hear the word please, if manners are not used, I won't say I won't do the task being asked of me, but as Mary Poppins would say, "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down!" So, does this mean I'm anal retentive?, I really want your opinion.

Screenshot of Julie Andrews from the trailer f...
 After dropping off Sarah-Jane, we drove to Hudson, Florida to visit some dear friends of ours that we know from the cottage on the lake.  We had purchased a lovely Pointsetta Christmas plant to give Ray and Renee, but unfortunately it got murdered by Winter when she decided to lay on it in the car.  All the same, we had a lovely visit with our friends, albeit a short visit, but still it was nice to get reacquainted and touch base. We are going to try very hard to go back and see The Lumley's again, if time permits.


I need a drumroll please.  Yes, another one Lily, I happen to like drumrolls!  There are now only two hundred and forty-five (245) days left on my goal to lose one hundred pounds.  I honestly don't see any outwardly changes, Zac very kindly says he does, but Zac is like that, he's a really nice guy.  

I really don't feel much different,  although I do know that the cardiovascular exercise that I'm doing daily must be doing my heart some good.  And since my blood pressure is under control, my doctor did recommend that I stop taking Avapro, which I have, I guess that is some progress!  

I do know that I have lost at least twenty-five (25) pounds but I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, because, as you know, there is no scale here to monitor my weight Yikes, I just had a frightening thought,  MY WEIGHT COULD BE UP!,  oh my goodness, I'm going to have to go to Walmart today and find a scale to weigh myself, maybe I could do that whilst I'm out later with my kids.

Didn't I tell you?  Zac and I are picking up Jessie and Raphael from school today and we get to babysit them for a couple of hours which Zac and I are really looking forward to doing.  We are planning to go to "Toys R Us" to get some ideas on the gifts that Jessie wants for Christmas, knowing me, we won't be leaving the store without a package or two.

I need to make reservations today to get tickets for Louise, Zac, Sally, Jessie and I to go and see the ballet, "Cinderella," for the matinee performance on Saturday, December 11th, Biff and Raphael do not want to go.

I was reading something interesting on the internet last night and thought I would share it with you:  The universe, it seems may contain triple the number of stars previously calculated.  The new estimate it, and I hope I get this correct is 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, or 300 sextillion.  Red dwarf stars, small, dim stars with relatively cool surface temperatures, are at the heart of the debate  Because astronomers cannot actually count the number of these dwarf stars in galaxies outside the Milky Way, they count the brighter SUN-like stars and estimate that there are about one hundred (100) unseen dwarfs for each.  However, new observations suggest that eliptical galaxies which make up about one-third of all galaxies, contain far more dwarf stars than previously estimated, now just think about that the next time you wish upon a star!

Stars, I really am meant to be part of that Hollywood Galaxy, ah well, maybe in my next life, or maybe next week, we'll see!

Please remember, time is flying by, this is going to be the last weekend that you will be able to breathe easily in shopping malls, so try and get out there to do some shopping because next weekend, the crowds are going to be unreal and you know I'm going to say to you, "I told you so!" (don't you hate it when people say this, I do!, and I promise, I will try not to say it.

Have a great weekend!

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology





No comments:

Post a Comment