Sunday, December 19, 2010

Salads on Sunday; not for me!

Date:                                         Sunday, December 19th, 2010
Word of the Day:                       replevy (ri\PLEV\ee); to recover goods or chattels wrongfully taken or detained

Weight:                                     206 pounds
Goal:                                         lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                         74 pounds
Waist Size:                                41 inches
Rowing Duration:                     97 minutes, nineteen (19) seconds

Good day, as you will note by my rowing indicator, I did alot better today, and the reason is that I cut down in the spurts, I still did spurting, I just reduced them a little to save on my strength. so that I could row longer.                                                   

Well, I've had two very busy days in a row, and I absolutely love it, perhaps this means I'm getting more of my strength back and I'm on a better road to recovery, we'll all see, won't we?

I got my hair cut yesterday morning at a store called"Trim Cuts" which is about one mile away from where we live, the young lady who cut my hair, named Tiffany gave me a really nice trim, which is just what I wanted, so now on Christmas Day, I won't resemble that of a sheepdog, I'm so pleased!

I went to my nephew's basketball game as well yesterday, I felt Raphael's team played alot better than they did the previous week, they still lost, but they played much better.  And they all seemed to be having fun which is the most important fact of Raphael playing on this team, that and learnng to work and count on someone other than yourself.  Oh, how true.

I was never very good at team sports and no matter how hard I tried, it was better for me to concentrate on activities wherein I did not need the assistance of others, such as swimming, which is something I was quite good at doing.

I learned how to swim because at a very young age, I got to go to summer camp and, well, lets face it, when you go to summer camp,  one of the main activities that campers get to do is that of swimming.  Lucky for me, the camp taught the Royal Life Swimming program and I was able to acquire Red Cross badges and medals for different phases of the swimming program. 

I went up the swimming ladder quickly and when I turned eighteen years of age, I was qualified to teach swimming as I had earned the highest achievement that one can get in swimming and that is known as "The Lifeguard."  Let me explain one thing about "The Lifeguard," I am not talking about being qualified to be a lifeguard, this was achieved when I was sixteen years old and got my bronze medallion, when you get your bronze, you can be a lifeguard.  No, "The Lifeguard" is a certificate program, it is much like getting a doctrate in swimming,  you have to complete many, many hours of swimming, rescuing, and even boating!  And for the record, I had received my instructor's certificate the year prior to getting "The Lifeguard." But, I had to lie about my age to get that one!

Yesterday afternoon Zac and I took all three children to see a movie, the two girls went with Zac to see the movie "Yogi Bear," and I took Raphael to another cinema to see the movie "The Tron Legacy," a film that I originally did not want to see, but I enjoyed it immensely thanks to Raphael's insistence that we go and see it, gosh Jeff Bridges is an excellent actor, I can't wait to see him in the remake of the movie "True Grit."

 You probably already know this little fact, but this is something I am just beginning to learn, when you have children, you never really have definite plans, you need to stay flexible because children's wants change rather quickly and frequently.

As you may recall, the plan yesterday was for us to go and see either of the films, "MegaMind" or the new "Narnia" film.  As you now know, we saw neither, and that is because we told the kids we would go to any movie they wanted, give kids carte blanche and they will take it to the fullest, but you know what?, I love learning new things about the children, I'm getting wiser, at least I think I'm getting wiser.

The Yogi Bear Show
After the movie, everyone except Biff and Winter went to the Sonny's restaurant, where we all dined on different things, and by the time we finished eating, went back to Biff's house to pick up Winter, everyone seemed to be ready to go home and get ready for bed, which is what we did.  I was so tired that when I got  home I immediately got into my pajamas for bed, you thought I slept nude, didn't you?

There are now only six (6) days left until Christmas Day, yup, at this time next week, Santa Claus will be resting after a long night's work, (he'll probably sleep for at least a month,) Christmas will all be over with for another year, and my fellow Canadians will be out shopping for all of the good deals that will be available on Boxing Day, they don't have Boxing Day down here, but then again, we don't have Black Friday, so I guess between the two (2) countries, it all works out to the same thing.

Did you hear that they may have found bone fragments that were that of Amelia Earhart's, yes indeed, three small bones found on a deserted South Pacific island, 1,800 miles south of Hawaii may be the remains of missing pilot, Amelia Earhart, who disappeared in 1937 during an attempt to circumnavigate the globe. 

There is some evidence that Amelia Earhart and her copilot, Fred Noonan, made it safely to Nikumaroro Island in Kiribata and lived as castaways, but there is currently no definitive proof that this was the case.  It is hoped that DNA analysis of the bone fragments will shed some light on the mystery of what happened to Earhart and Noonan, but I would prefer it remain a secret as to what happened to them, I love a good mystery and would rather hold on to the various and plentiful  "what ifs" scenarios, bu that's me.

Well people, I need to now end this post as I am going to church early this morning, I am not only going to worship, but my youngest niece down here, Jessie, is singing in the church choir today and I would love to hear her sing, in addition, Jessie's Grandparents, will also be doing some kind of performance there, so that is an extra bonus that Zac and I will get to see and hear this morning.

Sorry, I just got back from Church and I realize I didn't publish today's post, I'm so silly, I rushed beforehand to get the post done and then to get it to you, and what do I do?, I leave, go to a special Church Contatta, have breakfast at the Church-hall afterwards, go to WalMart to buy Tootsie Roll lollypops, which are one of my favourite candies, and then, finally, come back home were I realize that I  completely forget about you, je big regret, encore regret.

I hope all of you have a good day and that you take care.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment