Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Talented Taylor Tuesday

Date:                                             Tuesday, March 1st, 2011
Word of the Day:                          masticate(MAS\tih\kayt); to grind or crush with or as if with the teeth in preparation for swallowing and digestion; to chew; "as to masticate food with"

Weight:                                         two hundred and twenty-four (224) pounds
Goal:                                             lose one hundred (100) pounds in one (1) year duration
Pounds to lose:                              ninety-two (92) huge pounds
Waist Size:                                    that of three (3) people
Days until Royal Wedding:          fifty-nine (59) days, its going to happen Kate
Rowing Duration:                         forty-five 945) minutes, fourteen (14) seconds


Yippee!  Bambi is being released on Blu-Ray today, can't wait to get my copy!  Naturally, I will watch it right away, with a box of kleenex close by as I always cry when I watch the Disney masterpiece!

It is the beginning of a new month, yes, March is finally here, and Spring is just around the corner, it can't get here too soon as far as I'm concerned.

I owe Melissa Leo an apology.  The actress did not swear on purpose when she was awarded the Oscar in the best supporting actress category, and who am I to cast a stone when I live in a glass house?  Also, Miss Leo was genuinely surprised and she did apologize for using the 'F' word.  I am also happy to know that the Academy awards the statues based on people's works, and not their personalities.   Congratulations Miss Leo, albeit a little late.

I got told off by Dr. Alladin yesterday.   I have a habit of picking the scabs of ulcers that I get, (sorry if that grosses you out and/or shocks you,) and Dr. Alladin said that pre-diabetics, such as myself, should never do this as that could be the trigger that makes me a diabetic full-time!

The musical, "Billy Elliot" will have its Canadian Premiere tonight at the Canon theatre, and I know that you, as well as myself, wish everyone associated with that show the best of luck.  I hope that "Billy Elliot" has a run as successful as "Les Miserables" did, which, by the way, I wish they would bring back to the Canadian front.

Last night I watched the movie "Imitation of Life" starring Lana Turner and John Gavin on the Silver Screen channel.  It is interesting to watch all of the generalizations that the movie took when referring to people that are African-American.  I guess it really wasn't that long ago wherein African-Americans were treated like second-class citizens,  and it makes me ashamed, as a human being, that we could ever treat other people so disrespectfully.

The new lineup of celebrities who will be on "Dancing with the Stars" is rather eclectic and interesting, I, for one, cannot wait to see Kirstie Alley do the tango!

Today's, "In the News" add-on is a report on Fevers in Children, something we all probably have a little history with and/or experience.   A new report from the American Academy of Pediatricians says that parents should not rush to medicate based solely on an elevated temperature reading.  Rather, they should recognize that fever is a sign that a child is ill,  and take note of other possible symptoms, such as lethargy, pain, or dehydration, which might indicate that a call to a doctor is warranted.   If a child is given fever-reducing medication, proper dosage is of the utmost importance.   The report also emphasizes the role of fever in helping the body fight by slowing the reproduction of bacteria and stimulating immune response.  So there!

Zac needs to go to the hospital, yet again today, and as he will not be able to drive after his procedure, I am going with him.  I know my posts have been a little on the skimpy side lately, but I'm sure that this too shall pass.

Have a good day and be safe out there!

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons




Cropped screenshot of Lana Turner from the tra...Image via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment