Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday, What I have been through

Date:                                                    Wednesday, January 19th, 2011
Word of the Day:                                   concupiscible(kon\KYOO\pi\suh\buhl); worthy of being desired

Weight:                                                 206 pounds
Goal:                                                     lose 100 pounds in one year duration
Pounds to lose:                                      74 pounds

Days until Royal Wedding:                      one hundred (100)            
Rowing Duration:                                   off on sick leave

Photo of page showing the knife of Jan de Doot...Image via Wikipedia
I hope none of you have been too worried about me, the reason there has been no blog since last Saturday, January 15th, until now, January 19th, is I have been ill with a kidney stone and had to go into the hospital where I was until January 18th, 2011If any of you have had a kidney stone, you probably have an idea of what I have been going through.

Up until I got the kidney stone, which was late Saturday night, early Sunday morning, the road trip was going well, we didn't have any traffic or weather problems, however, whilst sleeping at the Comfort Inn motel, I awakened to an all-too-familiar stab in my lower back region.  I have had kidney stones in the past, far too many for my liking, and I was pretty sure that I now had another one.

Zac drove as fast, and as legally as he could to get me into Canada, we were only five (5) hours away from home from the motel to our home.  Fortunately, there was no long lineup at the border and the inspector, or whatever you call the person to ask you questions, didn't ask too many questions and let us in without too much trouble.

By the time we got to our home, the pain had subsided some, (I had taken quite a bit of painkillers,) so instead of going to a hospital I went home first.  Big mistake!  No sooner was I home when, I developed an onset of acute pain from the kidney stone, I could hardly move and Zac had to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital.

I won't bother telling you about what I went through at the hospital, suffice to say, it wasn't a pleasant experience and I am glad it is over with.

And I am sorry to do this to you, but I am still somewhat sluggish, I was told by my urologist from the hospital that I can expect quite alot of residual pain, and I am.  Because of this, today's post is being cut short, I apologize, I wasn't even going to write one today, I just wanted to inform you that I was not in a car accident, and I am on the road to recovery.

Topics coming soon:

Art
Politics
Cartoons
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment